This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Smile Build Sheets (ROT) for my '59 Tbird

First of all, thanks for the many posts here about how to troubleshoot and fix problems on my '59 Tbird, "Yellow Rose of Texas"! They have been of much help to me.

Somewhere along the way, while looking for information on my Bird, I thought I saw something about someone who has records of Build Sheets for these old Birds. I have not been able to find that information again. If anyone can tell me the contact information on this, I would really like to have it. I have not found any copies of Build Sheets in my Bird. Yet.. Thanks!

Yellow Rose
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Super-Experienced

Bob M is on a distinguished road

i FOUND WHAT i THINK ARE PARTS OF A BUILD SHEET INSIDE THE BACK OF MY BACK SEAT, YOU MIGHT LOOK THERE
BOB M
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 PM

Hi Bob!

Thanks! The next time I am working on the Bird I will pull the back seat and see if I can find it. Or look under the front seats. I underdstand they usually put it in the springs of the backseats, but not always.

Yellow Rose
Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

In my 1960 bird, I found mine under the floor carpet behind the right front seat....

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM

Talking Build Sheets (ROT) for my '59 Tbird

Hi Tbird!

Thanks for that suggestion. I am sitting here kicking myself, because I had my Yellow Bird outta the nest this afternoon and forgot to pull the seats! I got so carried away with striping the roof side molding per instructions on the Technical page that I forgot to check for the Build sheet. I got about three lines of striping done and it got so cold that I quit. Unfortunately, my garage is not wide enough to do that inside it. I can just barely get my Bird in it! Hopefully, I will be back at it tomorrow and will remember to look under the floor mats first and under the front seats. I suspect they are not there because the previous owner had the seats out at one time and did not find it that I know of.

Ray "Yellow Rose"
Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I didn't mean the floor MATS, but rather the section of actual floor CARPET (where the right rear passangers feet would rest)...

I would check both sides, front & rear if I were in ur shoes though...

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM

Default Build Sheets (ROT) for my '59 Tbird

Thanks, Tbird!

I will check both sides of the floor area when I get my Bird outta the nest again. It is way tooo cold out there to be working outside today. We will be working on it again on Saturday, putting in a new alternator, after the L bracket arrives from Pat Wilson's Thunderbird parts. When we took the generator off to replace it, we found the L bracket was cracked in two right across the hole. It had been held together by a big washer and the bolt. After checking at a half dozen or more Pick N Pull places, we could not find a replacement locally, but the Bird Nest and Wilson's have some in stock. Ray "Yellow Rose"
Old 01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Super-Experienced

TChicken is on a distinguished road

Hi Yellow Rose,welcome to the site.I found my build sheet under the trunk mat just left of the gas sending unit.Them UAW guys probably get a kick out of messing with our minds.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:38 PM

Hi George!

Thank you very much for that information. I will look under my mats also then. It sounds like I might have to end up looking under everything in this car to find it! I suspect that it probably is no longer there. The mats in the trunk have been replaced. The seat covers also. I am not sure about the floor covering inside the car. One of the VCTI leadership guys told me they had some of the old timer line workers from one of the factories at one of their meetings in the past. They asked them where they put the Build sheets. They said that area they usually last worked in before the car left the line was inside the car, in the back, putting the seats in. They usually put the Build sheets in either the bottom seat springs, or in the springs in the back part. I have heard so many different places that people have found them though. I suspect mine are long gone, from past work that was done on the car. Someone probably found it, didnt know what it was, pulled it out and threw it away. It would be great if I found it. Nice record.

Best Regards, Ray
Old 01-27-2008, 02:12 PM

The saga continues! My search for the Build sheet led me to the trunk yesterday. I took everything out of it (it being repository for everything not now needed as we work on the Bird). I took out the trunk mat and found nothing there. Then I got into the back seat of the car, which is no easy feat for this old guy, and tried to pull up the bench seat. Nothing doing! I found, as others have, that it takes more than just a number of pulls up on the seat to get it out. I decided that even though I am doing well from my heart attack and 5 way bypass back in March, it was probably not the best thing for me to be doing!

At this point my mechanic showed up, and instead of getting him back there, (which would have been interesting to see, since he is about 6'4" & around 300lbs or so!) we got to talking about the car, the work to be done on it, with me showing him pictures of what Bart's 430 looks like with the dress up kit on it. (He loves your car, Bart!) and pictures of where the CVR is located, we forgot about getting that seat out! Next time! At least I know where it ISN'T! lol..

I went to my first VTCI/STTC meeting at Lou and Marilyn Paliani's house and enjoyed it very much. If you have never been there, and not seen Lou's fabulous guitar collection and recording studio, you should go! He also took me into the "Hallowed Room of Thunderbirds" (more commonly known as the garage!) and showed me their Birds. They are both turquoise. One is of the newer 2 passenger Bird, and the other is his famous 60's Bird. Both are just beautiful. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any pictures of them because I was right up on top of them and to close for a camera shot.

Ray ~ Yellow Bird