This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road
Question Blower Motor Fuse -- OK I give up !!

I give up, I can't find the Blower Motor fuse.

It's supposed to be in an in-line fuse holder, but where? -- can someone give me a clue?

Please don't tell me it's on the ignition switch.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Super-Experienced

TChicken is on a distinguished road

Bart I can not say with certainty but I would think the power for the blower motor would run off the ign.swtch.Sorry
Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

According to assembly manual, there is a 14 amp fuse coming off the A terminal of the ignition switch. This fuse is 20 amps if you have A/C.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Super-Experienced

Thanks -- I was afraid of that.

I can't see it with a flash light, so it must be way up there. Maybe you have to remove the gas/temp gauge to get it from the top.

Luckily, I have A/C, so "Whoever" could have put the correct 20 Amp; or used a 25 or 30 Amp ( I don't think buss fuses come larger than 30 Amp -- I hope not)

This is the last fuse that I need to check. So far, not one fuse was correct -- all of them were over amped anywhere from 3 to 5 times what was called for.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Super-Experienced

Alexander:

When you get a minute, check the 60 manual Page 12-24, Fig 23 in the A/C section.

That diagram shows the power for an A/C blower motor coming from a 20 Amp "Circuit Breaker", not a fuse.

So, the next question is -- where is the 20 Amp circuit breaker? I think that they would mount a circuit breaker against the body interior.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Webmaster

You are right, I misread the diagram. A/C cars have a 20 amp circuit breaker for the blower, while no-A/C cars have a 14 amp fuse.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Super-Experienced

Ah Hah -- but where did they hide it?

At least I know that one is the correct amperage.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Webmaster

They hid it in good spot as I could not find its location on the assembly manuals. It probably is a circuit breaker that looks like the one for the power windows. I recall seeing a circuit breaker bolted to the underside of the dash just to the left of the steering column. Maybe that's it.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Super-Experienced

I remember seeing that one too.

I also think that I remember seeing one on the opposite side behind the right side of the glove compartment when I had it out. Too late now; I have the glove compartment in.