This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Experienced

6TB1RD is on a distinguished road
Talking Foot in Mouth

Actually Bart I put my foot in my mouth when I said that I got it threw Amazon.

I searched the past posts because I knew that it was out there and found this.

"A Pioneer Prods. Speedometer Cable CA3015. all locals wanted $16.00 +. Mail order threw Kragen wanted $10.99 + 6.50 to ship."

it comes complete cable and sheath. minus the gear at the tranny that you reuse.

if you ever look for one on the INTERNET use the CA3015 number thats the part number for the hole unit.

As for running the cable it was not to bad (just had to replace the grommet in the drivers side tranny hump where the cable goes threw. but other then that it was nice and simple

Looking at the last posting and remembering putting it in there is a sharp bend just be for the cable goes in to the tranny.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

George:

Thanks for taking the time to research that. I did a search on Kragen and Advance Auto and found it on both sites using that number.

I'm going to take a look at that last bend from below as soon as the weather gets below 90 here. Can't believe it's still this hot in October.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Experienced

6TB1RD is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Weather bad

I know what you mean when you talk about the weather. Out here it's in the 90's one day and when you get up the next day to go to work it's 43 and raining and then hot and muggy on the drive home. but I guess it's that time of year

I put mine up on blocks to do My power steering rebuild everything pump, control valve and power cylinder. and it rained for 2 days. over the weekend. so I could not do anything. and it sat for a week before I could do anything with it.

I was trying to get it done for our 26th wedding anniversary that was on September 30th But no the weather did not cooperate . I guess we are not to be driving it on our anniversary, last year did the same thing tried to get it ready, worked on it for 2 days straight. went out to take it to dinner and it would not start .

Well theres always number 27
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
Old 10-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

Yep -- there's always number 27. You'll have done much more to it by then.

I have to replace the lines that go from the control valve to the ram cylinder. Someone used rubber lines and they are so long that I have to use cable ties so they don't drag. They also leak at the fittings.

I bought a set of the original steel lines, and hope that they fit.

The speedo wobble is down to a small wobble up to 20 MPH and then is steady. I don't even look at the speedo untill after 20 MPH anyway, so I might just leave it alone if the tight turn at the bottom isn't causing it.

Last edited by bcomo : 10-03-2007 at 01:20 PM.