This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:06 AM
Apprentice

inheritance is on a distinguished road
Default Cruise-o-matic Temp. Control Cable

The cable to my Temperature adjustment, LO - HI , has broken off at the lever. I can still get a pair of pliers on the end of the cable, though even with high exertion pulling the cable outwards...it seems as though it is binded.

I traced it as best as i could, and with removal of much of the glove box area I found that it seems to go inside of the heater core and dissapear.

I have no heat, and i am blaming it on this cable being stuck in the LO position, instead of being able to move to HI...obviously.

I have no way of getting the cable to pull out any farther it seems galded in some way...possible inside the core itself.

anyone have any suggestions here?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Apprentice

inheritance is on a distinguished road

No idea on why I posted Cruise-o-matic

The system I am referring to is Ford's MagicAire System.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 AM
El Guapo and La Chiquita

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

There is a valve on the side of your heater core that controls the flow of water through the heater core.That cable controls the valve.Those valves are prone to leaking and creating quite a mess.
Alot of the guy's including myself have had the valve removed(I had a shop rebuild my core and weld the holes for the valve $100) and install an external valve inline from the intake manifold under the hood and run a cable to the Hi-Lo control.I believe a 68 F-100 control valve will work.You can buy it at your local auto parts store.
Not to hard of a project.Remove the trim under the glove box,Magic air faceplate and cowling/duct covering the heater.