This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:59 PM

thunderstruck is on a distinguished road

When it was in park it seemed a bit high but not bad. It never seemed high when it was in drive.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Apprentice

63Bullet is on a distinguished road

Theres a little plastic piece on the linkage, check and see if its sticking and holding the linkage open. I had a broken one and it would get stuck every now and then so id have to pump the gas pedal a few times to "un stick" it.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 PM

thunderstruck is on a distinguished road

What do I need to check on the kick down, and where exactly is it? Any pictures?

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

If your not to far I'll look it at for ya. Take all the linkage off and start from there. Mabey your screw will come back into play. And does that holley have an electric choke? if so you have to hook it up. That's one of probs. I had. The electric chokes on these old fe motors don't really work right. Come off to fast. ..................................Bill
Old 04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Apprentice

YES! I forgot to include that be sure you have the electric choke running to your coil. If it doesnt open up all the way your engine will be starving for air. The holley I got was a manual choke (cost me $30 less than the electric) but I had another holley laying around so I just swapped out the manual for the electric.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Super-Experienced

Not to offend But you don't hook it to the coil. You take it back on the same wire near the fire wall. Thats a resistor wire
and the volts are 4 or 5 I forget back there.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Apprentice

none taken but when i got my thunderbird the owner before somehow cut it out for whatever reason so i ran it to the coil so whenever the ignition is on it powers the choke. Same thing if you're installing an electric fuel pump so its only operational when the key is on.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Super-Experienced

Hi yes you want 12 volts to the fuel pump but not the choke.
I put a 650 holley on my 60 and the instructions said test the resistor wire until the volts drop to whatever they said. I still have it in the box. If yours is running OK I wouldn't touch
it. My car really runs way better with the autolight 4100. Of coarse i sent it to somebody who got the back barrels to open faster. And Oboy did they. Now the brakes are a joke. I even added power brakes. Still a dicey game. I've had this about 6 years and it never ran this good. What's the old saying , when
they start to go their ready to blow. I hope not.Later...........
Bill