This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:51 AM

StealthSRT10 is on a distinguished road
Default 59 looking for wheels and tires

So i just realized that i have 3 15 inch rims and 1 14 inch rim. I was going to go buy tires and somehow it took me 4 months to realize that i dont even have a set of rims that match. size wise.

I have been looking on craigslist and we all know the issue of the modern cars being wider and having a high positive offset. The t bird has a zero offset.

Anyone happen to know any oem takeoff wheels that will fit. I know the lug patter is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3mm but i am having such a hard time with the offset.

I have seen people say you can run up to 18 or 20 inch rims.... not that im trying to get 20s. i just need a set so i can drive the thing around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

If you want 14" rims look for Ford Ranger or Aerostar rims from the 80's or 90's. They have the correct bolt pattern. The offset is not an issue with drum brakes. They will work with drum or disc brakes. If you want 15" rims there are even more choices as many cars including Ford, Chrysler and some imports used the same bolt pattern.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-30-2017, 12:11 PM
Experienced

Deanj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopizz View Post
If you want 14" rims look for Ford Ranger or Aerostar rims from the 80's or 90's. They have the correct bolt pattern. The offset is not an issue with drum brakes. They will work with drum or disc brakes. If you want 15" rims there are even more choices as many cars including Ford, Chrysler and some imports used the same bolt pattern.

John
John's right-and the backspace is 4". Check out Wheel-Size.com.

Dean