This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbf777 View Post
...And yes, you can bring your own D.O.T. approved container and we will fill that also, as we have fuels available in bulk as well as standardized containers.

BUT, we cannot "fill-her-up, & check-the-oil" as it is ILLEGAL for us to pump any of the "off-road" fuels directly into your road registered vehicle; and the fines would far outweigh the value of the transaction. And, you might be amazed (with some personal experience) at what the E.P.A. can find to be important and care about...
Right... I also buy nitro methane fuel in simple plastic containers from my local hobby store. Michigan is governed by the same Environmental Protection Agency as is Florida. I have NEVER had problems with them at Ford or anywhere else. They are great guys who will work WITH you. Tell you what, I'll continue buying my aviation fuel as I always have. I suggest you don't fight with the EPA down in Florida. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 10-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Experienced

newyear is on a distinguished road

Fascinating subject.I'm thinking of driving North to find some of this additive...From the film "Whisky Galore" 1949
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg vlcsnap-2017-10-15-16h36m02s745.jpeg (30.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpeg vlcsnap-2017-10-15-16h36m16s024.jpeg (26.1 KB, 78 views)
Old 10-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

.Just looking at the link about fuels and what little I know about it and was thinking yeah I need some, Why is it that hard is beyond me, and we have refineries .
MI. 383 . https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MI .
and Fl. list 778. https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=FL .
Calif. 20 . https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CA .
now I know the list is not up to date but here where I'm at I don't have much choice
and my gas is E85 and people are told that is the best for the environment, + gov. give big business lots of Incentives , and then its CA. so we should make our own illicit Hooch, you know for CARS. zoom
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Experienced

pbf777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
I also buy nitro methane fuel in simple plastic containers from my local hobby store. Michigan is governed by the same Environmental Protection Agency as is Florida. I suggest you don't fight with the EPA down in Florida. - Dave
The difficulty has to do with the intended application or use of the fuel, not the actual act of the transfer/sale from vender to end user. Selling one gallon (or less, generally) containers of "Nitro-Mix" at the hobby store is permitted because the intended application is "off-road" R.C. vehicles (toys), not governed (to a great degree, at this point; just don't pour it out on the ground!) by the E.P.A. or taxed due to road use. The aviation fuel's (100LL) intended use is for the aircraft market ("off-road"), the automotive racing fuels are also of "off-road" intention (race track), so much of the same rules apply here also.

But the snag is...... the vender IS supposed to establish that to the best of their knowledge, the materials are destine for the proper application! Hence, the sometimes, somewhat difficult hoops one may be required to jump thru, depending on how the vender chooses to execute their responsibility, in order to apply such off road fuels to one's own "road" vehicle.

Scott.

P.S. And thanks for the advise, Dave.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

went to LAX today, and this link about fuel got me to thinking, {I know Randy's thinking that weird}. So off I go which is some about 80 miles from me a filling station that said it had the fuels you need, I don't need any but hey I'm on a quest, I left the house at 3am why not. this is what I found .............................[IMG]20171021_074846 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].................................................. ...........................the Lady said they just stop having it at the pumps i little while ago .[IMG]20171021_074922 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].................................................. ......................................now the shocker $$$ .................................................. ...........[IMG]20171021_074753-1 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].................................................. ..........Hey Scott we need to get cheaper fuels here in CA. we can just set up a tanker on corner call it UBER FUEL pay off a few peep by the time weight and measures gets around to us we B Zillions-airs, yeah go UBER FUEL and then we can buy all Square members there choice of BIRDs that be fun. .................[IMG]20171021_074522 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG].................................................. .........[IMG]20171021_074547 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 10-22-2017, 12:44 AM
Slow Typist

Quote:
Small local airports sell leaded fuel and so do marinas. It ain't cheap but it's real gas. This has always been the case. Some of the more serious car racers around here have always bought 100 octane airplane gasoline...
Many of our pumps are un-maned because, well, who is going to wait around for an airplane to pull up, especially in an executive or small airport.

As I posted, use your credit card or cash and you're in.

So Randy, your airport is very similar to many airports around the country. They make a killing on fuel sales. Thanks for investigating LAX. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca
Old 10-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Experienced

pbf777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Many of our pumps are un-maned because, well, who is going to wait around for an airplane to pull up, especially in an executive or small airport. Dave
I admit, I don't get out much, but at the airports around here, they have maned fuel trucks which deliver the fuel to the planes on the tarmac; not fuel pump stations in which one taxi's their plane up to "fill-her-up"; as aircraft on the ground in motion are considered dangerous with wingspan, spinning propellers and/or jet-blast, etc., and limited pilot visibility.

Now, I'm sure there are exceptions, but would these be what one would typically expect to encounter?

And yes, "off-road" racing fuel is not cheap gasoline compared to the acceptable "road" fuels at the pump, but remember when buying such by the can, you also must include truck freighting and the cost of the can!

Scott.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Slow Typist

Many of our executive airports are small. They may have a fuel truck but I haven't seen any. The field is unused most of the day so an attendant isn't necessary. It could be too, that some planes refuel at larger airports where prices are lower.

When I go, I rarely get ten gallons. All I need is three or four, certainly not a tank full. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca