This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I spoke with Brandon over the phone today. He asked if I received pictures of Richard's funeral through my email.

Richard Hord had a beautiful white Squarebird (Christine) that was lost in a fire and an equally beautiful 1978 Diamond Jubilee. Brandon drove the '78 to Richard's funeral.

Also pictured, is the school bus that Richard drove. I guess you could say it was his 'daily driver'. Brandon said there are more pictures to come. - Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supper_eaten-800.jpg (496.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20171007_141445-800.jpg (99.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 20171007_144023-800.jpg (95.5 KB, 58 views)

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Richard D. Hord has died.

I was telling Dave on the phone that the 1978 Diamond Jubilee was the Tbird that I wanted to buy when they came out. It was also that exact color that I wanted. I had fallen in love with that style, with that band over the top. It is a great looking car I thought then and still do. We ended up getting something less fancy and less expensive... Thanks for sending the pix, Brandon and Dave for posting them... That is quite the "daily driver"...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-13-2017, 11:51 PM

Brandon Hord is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Dave, thanks for putting the photos up. Ray, that '78 was my dads baby. I will be taking care of her till I pass her down to my son one day. The story of the '78 and my dad go back many years ago. As a teenager, he was working at the chicken house. He bought a wrecked '78 Diamond Jubilee. He had to spend every dime he made to fix that car. Shortly after completing her, he wrecked the car in a ditch (rolled the car 5 times). He was driving home and came around a corner and saw someone on his side of the road. Thankfully he walked away from the wreck. A few months later, he completed High School then got a job at Fruit of the Loom. One day he was out running around and spotted a '78 Diamond Jubilee at someones house. He called the gentleman and asked him if his car was for sale, he then hung up on dad. Dad told some of his friends at work about the car. They then called the gentleman, told them my dads story and about the wreck. Shortly after that, he called my dad and told him he would sell him the car (same car in photo below). My father has had this car longer than he was married. The car is all original except for the mud flaps (so the rocks wont chip the paint), and the glasspack mufflers, and she only has 70,000 original miles. I know material things don't matter much to some people but this car is all I have left of my dad. It was a great experience driving her to town the other day. I know my dad was looking down and just smiling. Maybe one day Ill be able to get a '60 Tbird like the one he had that burned up in the house fire. One thing you guys already know but Ill say it again, dad loved Ford and he loved his Thunderbirds!
Old 10-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Richard D. Hord has died.

Hi Brandon! Thanks for telling us the story about the original '78 Tbird Richard had and how he came to own this one. I think he had told me parts of this story, but certainly not the whole thing. Thanks for sharing it with us, and yes... I bet he was looking down on you as you proudly drove that Tbird to town the other day....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Brandon great story and a true legacy about your Dad's love of Thunderbirds. That is what this site is all about and it is just cool that you are continuing this
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 10-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

X2 with Dan - hope to hear more about the Tbirds. Sorry though to hear about your Dad. I inherited my '60 Tbird from my Dad too - great memories.

My Uncle had a '79 and drove it for many years - it eventually was given to a grandson and didn't seem like it would ever give up.

Eric
Old 10-16-2017, 05:58 PM

Brandon Hord is on a distinguished road

Eric, thanks for the kind words. I will ensure that the '78 stays in the Hord family. Unfortunately the '60 was destroyed in the house fire (see link below). I will try my best to fulfil my dads shoes on this site. He truly loved this site and all the folks on here!

Brandon Hord
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171007_154723C.jpg (141.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by simplyconnected : 10-16-2017 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added picture
Old 10-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Hope to hear from you often. Definitely a great bunch of folks on this forum and we were lucky to have your Dad as part of it. I'm sure we'll be saying the same of you.

I was about to suggest that you might want to try and buff out that '60 to see what it looks like but them noticed all 4 headlights are busted so guess that puts the restoration costs over the top (HA HA). Very sad about the house and car too.

Eric