This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road
Default Generator to Alternator Conversion

I talked with Larry today, at Custom Replacement Automotive Products (C.R.A.P.) and he informed me that he has a new bracket available for the pre 1963 FE engines. It's not on the website, because he is having problems updating the C.R.A.P. website. With his permission, I'll attach his correspondence and also the pictures of the new bracket assembly. He also references a Summit Racing alternator, which he recommends. BTW, he has a late 60's model Mercury and Ford convertible, which he drives.
Here is his email he sent:
"I have attached photos of our 2 piece gen to alt conversion kit. This item is new and is not listed on our site. It is available in two versions, the first being raw unpainted steel ($109.00) and the 2nd being powder coated gloss black ($124.00). The small side bracket which allows you to mount an alternator on an early FE block is also steel and painted silver. The 2 pc allows you to use a Ford or GM standard size alternator. If you need more amperage we recommend an aftermarket alternator sold by Summit racing. Brand name Tuff Stuff in a Ford configuration Summit part number 7068. Of course we still sell the one piece stainless steel kit ($129.00) in polished version or black powder coated but it requires the use of a Ford 1st generation alternator, or an aftermarket alternator such as the Tuff Stuff mentioned above. If you have any questions feel free to contact me @ 815 634 8216. I am retiring now and will be putting up a new website and cutting back on development of new kits. I will still carry all the items I have listed now and a few extras that my existing website won't let me load. Some people have noted they are having trouble accessing my existing website due to using the latest Windows operating systems. Best to call in your orders and I can enter them for you. All prices plus shipping.

Larry Gueths
C.R.A.P.

Nyles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2929.jpg (216.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2815.jpg (176.0 KB, 100 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Apprentice

Djweaz is on a distinguished road

I might be in the market for one of these. That is of course if this is a real company or a joke
Old 10-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Apprentice

p38fighter is on a distinguished road

They are not. I have the new 2 piece unit. Not mounted yet but looks good.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38fighter View Post
They are not. I have the new 2 piece unit. Not mounted yet but looks good.
What's the advantage of it over the old style?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Apprentice

p38fighter is on a distinguished road

1959 Convertible

Rusty I don't know the advantage have never seen the original.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

If you have any questions, they have a phone number where you can talk with old guy that makes the brackets. That's what I did. I think the new bracket does not require the front bolt that is available on the later model engines, but I can't be sure of that.
Nyles
Old 10-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird1044 View Post
If you have any questions, they have a phone number where you can talk with old guy that makes the brackets. That's what I did. I think the new bracket does not require the front bolt that is available on the later model engines, but I can't be sure of that.
Nyles
Was just curious, I've been running his bracket on my TBird since way back in 2007 or 2006.

If you click this thumbnail, it's one photo that kinda shows the CRAP bracket I have.