This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

I didn't want to make same mistake I did last time. find out I put it all together and see a rubber spacer in the parts box I put that blue tape in the parts box a year ago after Dave told me to tape it on next time so I didn't forget,
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 AM

sagembox is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I decided to rebuild the hole front end!
Can anyone provide the specs for the front coil springs? I have to try to get the right springs here in germany, because the shipping costs are so expencive that a flight to the moon is cheaper

Thank you very much guys!
Regards from germany
Markus
Old 10-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagembox View Post
Can anyone provide the specs for the front coil springs?
Here's the specs for the stock coils.

Load Pounds - 2225
Load Height - 9.60 in
Free Height - 14.16 in
Wire Diam - .710 in
No. of coils - 8.39

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

John:
Having just bought a set of new front springs, I searched the forum for info on proper size. Found several different things, in the forum, including this:
"MAC's told me that the company who makes the coil springs is Coil Spring Specialty and I just talked with them. They said their coil springs for the Squarebirds, are constructed to OEM specs at 15 1/2" 8 1/2 coils. They also said that originally, Ford was putting 14 1/8" springs on the Squarebird, but then changed to the 15 1/2" length later in the Squarebird production runs. He also said that the information in the Ford parts book might have been correct at the time that book was published. He said many of the early Squarebirds had 14 1/8" front springs installed in them, but the front coil springs they supply to Squarebird parts houses are the later Squarebird production run uncompressed 15 1/2" springs."
I bought my springs from Larrys TBird which got them from Thunderbird Headquarters. The new springs match the revised numbers as indicated above.
I'll also attach a chart that was posted in the forum.
If anyone has recently installed these replacement springs, it would be it would be interesting to know how the ride height ended up.
Nyles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coil Spring ID.jpg (169.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 05:17 PM

John, thank you very much for the information!
Are the specs for 352cui without a/c?

Markus
Old 10-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagembox View Post
John, thank you very much for the information!
Are the specs for 352cui without a/c?

Markus
Squarebirds used the same same springs in 1960 with or without a/c and with the 352 or 430.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-05-2017, 06:55 AM

One more question,
inner diameter of the springs?

Markus