This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 PM

sandman21_21 is on a distinguished road
Default FS: 1958 Red Squarebird (Vancouver, BC, Canada)

For sale is my 1958 Red Thunderbird/Squarebird that I have owned since the fall of 2014. I bought the car to be a fun summer cruiser and have focused my repair work mostly on keeping the car running reasonably happy, and to improve safety/reliability. To that end, I have replaced the starter, battery, drums/pads on all four wheels, new tires, and have spent endless hours cleaning and restoring the interior panels, interior and exterior chrome. Collector plate eligible.

I should be clear here that this car is not in mint condition; there are rust bubbles on a couple of the panels, the trunk/rear bumper has paint chips/cracks and would probably benefit from a paint. This occurred when a previous owner accidentally backed into a structure. Being a tank of a car though, the damage is pretty much limited to chips and a minor dent. If you are looking for a mint/collector/garage queen, this is not what you are looking for. From 6ft away the car looks great. If the car was in excellent condition, I wouldn't be listing it for what I am. If you want more detailed photos of the areas of issue, let me know.

That being said, this car looks gorgeous and gets tons of compliments every time I take it out. I've bought an installed the trunk liner kit, I've installed the new fender gun sights, I've bought new chrome for interior trim, along with a bunch of other nice things. Sadly, despite putting a lot of time and effort into the restoration of the car, I have not been able to use the car nearly enough to justify keeping it, unfortunately. I am hoping to find someone who will get to enjoy the car. I am listing the price of the car with this in mind, and am willing to be patient for the right buyer/price. Serious inquiries only please.

Price: 11,000 OBO CAD

Key Details:
1958 Thunderbird - Red
Engine: 352cid/300hp V8 4bbl (it needs it just to move the car!)
Transmission: 3 Speed Automatic
99,000 Miles
Garage Kept
Known Issues with car:
- AM Radio doesn't work (it's all there, I think it may be as simple as wiring)
- Windshield Wipers don't work (who are we kidding, you aren't taking this car in the rain)
- Previously mentioned minor dings in the trunk area
- Some rust on a couple panels
- Gas pedal works fine, but is a little bit loose and needs a clamp
- Leaks associated with cars 59 years old. Minor power steering leak, some oil leak. Such is life.

Last edited by sandman21_21 : 08-02-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Photo