This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Experienced

OX1 is on a distinguished road
Default Quality of "automatic trans" brake pad

Anyone used the reproduction brake pad?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunder...NYNiXm&vxp=mtr

Or should I spring for the NOS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-50s-60s-...RYNIwb&vxp=mtr
Old 03-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

I suggest you PM or email Carl Heller (partsetal). He probably knows more about the quality of the reproduction squarebird parts than anyone.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

These pedal covers are made by one company and sold through many vendors. Notice, your listing is coming from Lockport, NY. Lo and behold, isn't that Mac's Auto Parts and at exactly the same price?

My pedal shows, "Swift Sure" but who ever looks at the brake pedal? - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
These pedal covers are made by one company and sold through many vendors. Notice, your listing is coming from Lockport, NY. Lo and behold, isn't that Mac's Auto Parts and at exactly the same price?

My pedal shows, "Swift Sure" but who ever looks at the brake pedal? - Dave
Yeah, that is Macs. Not worried about looks, just quality.
And to answer your question, I've looked at my brake pedal/pad 400 times over the past week (hope I don't ever have to look at it again).

It's just bit worn, so I figured for $15, why not. But if the 50 year old worn one is better than anew repro (and sometimes these parts are), I'll stick pat...........

Will call tomorrow if you are around...........
Old 03-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
...And to answer your question, I've looked at my brake pedal/pad 400 times over the past week

Will call tomorrow if you are around...........
Henry, your face was right on that pedal, putting your backing plates on the brake pedal support.

You'd be surprised how many folks cannot tell you what their door panels look like in their daily driver! Yeah, yeah... I know, these are our babies and they carry pieces of ourselves in every part of the restoration scheme.

Anyway, Mac's didn't make the pedals. They're probably made in India or Taiwan (like most repop parts). Regardless, I'm sure they will hold up for a good ten years or longer, depending on how much you drive your classic.

I will be around tomorrow but I thought you need to get going on your plumbing. There are other brake issues we need to discuss as well. If you're so inclined, we can get a jump on things right now. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Super-Experienced

partsetal is on a distinguished road

The repro power brake pedal pads had been unavailable recently so it is good to see they are available again. No doubt they are manufactured in India, Malaysia or some other off-shore country, typical of most of the repro parts today. If it fits correctly it looks like a good deal.
Carl
Old 03-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Experienced

Deanj is on a distinguished road

I removed my original brake peddle pad because it was very, very worn and slippery. I used the "Power Brakes" pad from Mac's. It's alright. You might be prepared for the old one to refuse dethroning. Start with several handy scrapers and any other tricks for removing rubber that has become one with the peddle.

Dean
Old 03-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanj View Post
I removed my original brake peddle pad because it was very, very worn and slippery. I used the "Power Brakes" pad from Mac's. It's alright. You might be prepared for the old one to refuse dethroning. Start with several handy scrapers and any other tricks for removing rubber that has become one with the peddle.

Dean
That makes me not want touch it at all. Mine
is worn just a bit on the right edge, but really
not that bad.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

I've replaced a number of pedals and never had a problem. Just remove the nut and bolt and pry it off. It's only a metal to metal connection. I'm not sure what Dean is describing.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopizz View Post
I've replaced a number of pedals and never had a problem. Just remove the nut and bolt and pry it off. It's only a metal to metal connection. I'm not sure what Dean is describing.

John
Does the MAC one only come with the pad maybe?

Also, anyone know if B9A-2454-B is the correct part no for the NOS one?

Last edited by OX1 : 03-12-2017 at 08:04 AM.