This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Alexander's '67 Buick!

Here is the latest update and pix from Tom regarding the work he is doing on Alexander's '67 Buick. Here is what he had to say, followed by the 3 pix he sent.

I am still working on the Buick. Here's the repair I had to make to the bottom front of the driver's door. Weird double wall design with a drain that got clogged. After I welded the patch, I sealed and smoothed it out with epoxy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1502.JPG (102.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1503.JPG (71.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1504.JPG (81.0 KB, 118 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 PM

Tom just sent me an update and pix on the work on Alexander's '67 Buick! Here is what he had to say, followed by the pix.

All is well. We're getting hit with a massive snow storm here in NJ. I wish I was in Texas!
The Buick is coming along. I'm working to button up the driver's side quarter panel installation and fabricated parts of the passenger side. After 5 years of searching on ebay I found a repro passenger side panel but it only covered about 75% of what was rotted out. I was very lucky as they haven't made them in 20 years. Using some of the skills and know how my Father handed down, I made an outline in paper of what I needed, transferred it to a piece of lumber, cut it out and hammered a sheet steel over it to form the section. Once trimmed, I MIG welded it in place.

Progress is slow, but I'm moving ahead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1567.JPG (64.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1884.JPG (67.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1885.JPG (70.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1896.JPG (62.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2043.JPG (67.0 KB, 80 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 PM

It has been many months since I have heard from Tom on how the work is going on restoring Alexander's '67 Buick. I heard from him just a few minutes ago and here is what he had to say. I asked him if he had any new pix and if he does, he will send them to me I am sure.

"Alexander's car is has progressed to the point where all the body panels are installed and I'm scrapping and cleaning the dealer undercoating off the underside. What a pain in the butt! Heat gun/ putty knife and Karnak spray to get it down to the factory black."

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 09-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Tom is doing a remarkable job on Alexander's Buick and is a slow process
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 09-23-2016, 11:50 AM

I have heard from both Julie and Marianne! Both are pleased to hear that Tom's work on the Buick is continuing. Julie said that she and Alexander were fortunate to have known Tom and his family and that Tom and Alexander had a special bond between them.

Marianne had this to say about the history of Alexander's Tbirds, his Malibu and the '67 Buick.

"Alexander bought his 1959 T-Bird dream car in 1981 after he graduated Columbia University and got his first real job after college. He bought the 1967 LaSaber in 1989 when the 1973 Malibu, that he was using to commute to Med school, was worn out and he needed a new car. It is funny how he bought an older car to replace the Malibu."

"It's Hip To Be Square"