This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
This thread pertains to failed lifters.
Oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
I don't know the people you are dealing with but I would RUN as far away from them as possible.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

Southern Gentlemen can we just get this Bird to fly.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Last edited by YellowRose : 06-06-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Moderated this post...
Old 06-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Banned

Waiting for parts. The new cam is a two-week wait.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Banned

Engine delivered back to the shop earlier today. They'll install it and flatbed the car back to me next week.

When it rains it pours. My 74 Fiat spider project just came back from the paint shop today. For the last month I'd had nothing to do but spit-shine my tools. Now my garage is overfilled.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:27 AM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

Yeah good for you Yadkin
I like the to see your garage, with a Spider
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Banned

Here's the 74 Spider, back in her web. That car was $4400 when new. I'm working on a custom, carved wood panel for the dash.

4 cyl, DOHC, solid lifters. 1.8 liters making a whopping 115 HP. 5 speed overdrive transmission. 4 wheel disc brakes with an active pressure modulator for the rears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1467406401502.jpg (66.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 07-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Banned

Car's back in my garage, delivered yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time next week to get the water pump, radiator, efi and all the rest back on. Has VR1 30w in it for break in. Dave and Mike want to be there for initial start up. Super busy at work though, have a vacation coming up the week after so have to get a stack done there.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Banned

Got 'er done. Well, nearly. I need to find a fitting for my mechanical oil pressure gage, prime the oil pump, drop in the distributor and turn the key.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160720_245123838_HDR.jpg (57.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 08-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Banned

Well, the car's been running for about two weeks now and the lifters are nice and quiet.

However I've been having problems with the Taylor "Street Thunder" spark plug wires that I bought recently. Several of the connectors came off when I've removed them, they weren't crimped on well. So I purchased a crimp tool, new Taylor terminals and repaired all 8.

Yesterday I ran the car 90 miles down I-40 and it ran well. But, when I got off at my exit it was missing one or more cylinders.

I had another 50 miles to get to my destination here in the mountains and I barely made it.

Tonight I took the plugs out, finding this.

Plug 1 is upper left, 8 is lower right. Guess which spark plug wire was not doing its job? Advance Auto Parts in Boone has a set of MSD wires on the shelf with my name on them.

I also found #3 insulator was cracked. This is the second Autolite plug that I have cracked in three months- never cracked a plug prior to that. I have a new set of Motorcraft plugs in Boone as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160806_192627338.jpg (20.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Banned

The MSD universal set is much better than the Taylors. The boots fit the plugs perfectly, and the connections are a "snap".