This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:14 AM

olly hondro is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the links, and yes, Squarebird it is. A '58 is most interesting to me, only because it was manufactured the same year I was
Old 04-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Where do car titles go ?

Alexander, the '58 Squarebird was the least produced of all three years of production. Because they got a late start in producing it. It is more rare than a '59 or '60. The '58 Convertible is even rarer with only 2,134 being made.. The '58 also has a unique situation regarding it's rear end. It has coil springs instead of leaf springs. Some of our members have replaced that rear end set up with leaf springs. I do not think it is an easy change to do, but it can be done. Here is some information regarding the '58 Squarebird that you might want to check out.

http://automotivemileposts.com/tbird...lections.shtml

Reading through the various links on this website will give you a lot of information regarding this old Bird...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 PM

olly hondro is on a distinguished road

That is an interesting article, thank you. A coil sprung '58 would be a nice find, for sure.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:21 AM

BikeGuy is on a distinguished road

I have had some experience with title work in Texas. Doing a Department of Public Safety search on a vehicle here (to see if it was reported stolen) doesn't buy you much. I bought a vehicle from the original owner, but it had not been registered in about 15 years. He applied for a duplicate title but there was no record for the vehicle in the "system." Turns out when Texas went digital recent but non-current vehicle registrations were not entered into the system. Luckily I managed my way through this and got a clear title. I wouldn't gamble on a bonded title.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I know this is rare but I have the original bill of sale for my '55. If the car was stolen, I doubt he would also have this document. Of course, I'm not the original owner but the Bill of Sale could help your state track the vehicle.

Now you know why we have a registry. If your car is not on it I suggest you register your VIN now. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Dave very good point about the need to register your TBird in the TBird regsistry on our site.
For those who haven't yet you can locate the TBird registry that John Rotella maintains in the TRL section of our site.

Happy Fathers Day to all and hope you enjoy your day
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 06-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Experienced

arizonajack is on a distinguished road

I would not risk more than a few hundred dollars on a car without a title but I would gladly pay a few hundred for an old T-Bird without a title.