This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Another Technical Tip Fixed!

simplyconnected has fixed another of the Technical Tips on the Home page! Most of them have been fixed now, thanks to Dave! Here is the link to that.

http://www.squarebirds.org/rear_main_seal.htm

There are still a few to fix, but hopefully, we will get them all working right again. We are looking for a couple of missing files on the 1960 Dashpad Replacement web page. The 1958-1959 Tech Tip is complete. There is another dashpad replacement Tech Tip over on my temporary Technical web page on Fortune City. To see it, click on the link below.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 05-30-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Today's concentration was really on the "Dash Pad Installation" Tech Tip because Ray said this was the highest on the List of Importance. I think we are only missing three pictures out of 37.

But thanks, Ray. My hat goes off to you for keeping our Tech Tips alive at Fortune City. Without that free site, we wouldn't have any of those pictures (up to now).

My next goal is to re-install all the topics and pictures from Fortune City because they belong here, at Squarebirds.org. Soon, all the tech tips will be in one place, and in order.

I'm kicking around the idea of making more technical documentation available to just our paid members (because they support our site financially, so we belong to those members). - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-30-2010, 03:55 AM

Default Another Technical Tip Fixed!

Some of you, in the past, have saved the pix from Tech Tips because you wanted to have them available to you when you started working on a project. Or you printed them off. I have been able to restore some of the broken Tech Tips in the past because someone either had the pix and sent them to me in email. Or they had printed out the pix and scanned them in and sent them to me. Or mailed them to me and I scanned them in and was able to restore some Tech Tips and put them on Fortune City. If anyone has the 3rd and 5th pix of the 1960 Dashpad restoration, please let me know. Those are the only two, that I know of, that we are missing. They are not on the CD's that Julie sent. If Dave or I can get those, then he can fix that link and we will have all the pix on how to replace your dashpad. You can see what is missing here, down in the Late 1959-1960 Dashpad Installation section.

http://www.squarebirds.org/dashpad58-59.htm

My thanks again to simplyconnected for the stellar work he has been doing to restore all the stuff that has been missing for the last number of years!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Apprentice

troubsullivan is on a distinguished road

hooray for dave and ray!! you guys are awesome!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 AM

Default Dashpad Restoration Tech Tip Fixed!!!

Thanks to Julie Sosiak, Dave has been able to fix the Dashpad Restoration Technical Tip on the Home page.

http://www.squarebirds.org/dashpad58-59.htm

I emailed Julie over the weekend with the names of the two missing files we were looking for. I called her earlier this evening and in a few minutes, she had found those two files and emailed them to me. I passed them on to our fantastic webmaster and he quickly fixed that web page. Now you have the full instructions on replacing your Squarebird dashpad, from '58-'60, the '60 dashpad being a bit different from the other two.

I think there are still a very few Technical Tips to be fixed. I know that Dave may want to move the newer ones that have been created from the temporary Fortune City site to the Home page Technical section. Once that is completed, we won't need that temporary page anymore. Thanks, Dave, for quick action on fixing that Technical tip!

"It's Hip To Be Square"