X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

In Memory

Alexander Sosiak would have been another year older today. In memory of a great man, founder and mentor to our squarebird.org site. Still miss your knowledge and banter.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

In Memory

I second Dan's comments regarding Alexander. The good thing is that much of his knowledge and banter is forever recorded here for all who come to this Forum to put to good use and enjoy. According to what long time friend, Sandyboy said, Alexander was 49 when he passed away on March 10, 2008. This would have been his 51st birthday. For those of you who never got to know him you can read a lot more about him by going to this thread full of comments regarding Alexander. We, who knew him, and especially those who knew him very well, miss him greatly.. There are four pages of comments to read about him, here...

Last edited by YellowRose; December 10, 2009, 11:03 AM. Reason: Additional information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Me Too.........

Me Too! I miss my friend. We together, and alone, helped one & other to launch this board, and my (Sandy's) ascMcLaren board.
      (http://www.ascMcLaren.org). Yes, that above is the age Alexander would become on this day. How odd, it be.... that this Sunday ia also MY birthday !! Lets see.... I'll be 63. Getting old.
      Funny part of true friendship, I NEVER OWNED any year / Style Thunderbird and Alexander had no clue what an ascMcLaren was....
      but it did not matter to either of us, we were friends, and friends help one & other out.
      Shalom, Eternal Peace.

Sandy

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

In Memory

I joined up with Squarebirds Org., after Alexander had passed away. I think it would have been an Honour to have communicated with him whilst he was still with us, as I can tell that he was a very well liked & respected Man.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

I never knew Alexander, but what I have heard and read he was a great man. If not for him we would not have this wonderful web site. I to feel like I knew him. God speed my friend!!!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

I am richer for Alexander's legacy. His greatness is profoundly measured in the gifts he continues to leave all of us in fellowship.

There are better men who came before me, who taught me, who passed the baton to me so I might pass their generosity on to many other great men.

Alexander authored Squarebirds; his gathering place, where we each enjoy life's journey while we anguish over our passions and our 'labors of love', together. In gratitude to Alexander, I shall make the very most of this journey as long as I am here.

My prayer is one of Thanksgiving; for Alexander who made Squarebirds possible, and to each and every member who shares a bit of themselves, here. - Dave Dare
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• fomoco59
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 10 2005

Yes... he was a good guy. I happened to find a short hand written letter from him recently that had a couple of the Squarebird windshield decals in the envelope. Brought a smile to my face. He wrote like a doctor.

He sure developed a great website...over 1000 members strong!
              sigpic
              Mike Lemmon
              '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• SandyBoy
                Super-Experienced
                • Oct 31 2002

Here's a little behind the scenes of what we (Alexander & I) did.
                Alexander would e-mail me a couple of questions, relating to "Squarebirds".
                I would then visit the site, and ask those questions, of which of course Alexander would answer them, for me, on the site.
                I would do the same pertaining to the Mercury Capri / Ford Mustang asc/McLarens, and he'd post the questions I had e-mailed him, and then I would answer!
                In our questions and replies we would use 58 59 60 Thunderbird and / or Squarebirds and ascMcLaren as many times as possible so search engines might pick us up. Basically that is how we built 'em both up.

There were far more 58 59 & 60 "Squarebirds" in numbers, when combined for a 3 year total, than ascMcLarens, so this site took off faster.
                But today, both sites are very busy places.

I can tell you that Alexander would be VERY happy to know that his departure did not change the success of this site.

I spoke with him, via telephone - when he was in the hospital. It was sad, his being a physican and all, he knew the end was near, Very near.

Now.....for the last year & 7 months, I have been battling Cancer.
                I am doing very good, but it's been 19 months of sufferring 2 weeks a month. Mine has not spread. It's Liver Cancer. I get chemo 2 x @ month.
                I am now 98% Clean with 2% remaining.
                In New Jersey / New York, Cancer is an epidemic! Almost as common as the common cold in January !!
                Alexander was a trooper, right up to the end! God Bless him!

Sandy

Comment

I talked with Alexander once on the phone he was always up beat and very helpful to all of us He and Sandy Boy started the best web site in the world without it I know that many of the cars would have never been in the shape they are today.
                  Bob M

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by SandyBoy
                    ...In New Jersey / New York, Cancer is an epidemic! Almost as common as the common cold in January !!
                    Alexander was a trooper, right up to the end! God Bless him!

Sandy
                    And God Bless You, Sandy. Cancer is an evil disease and the battle is very tough. Keep fighting and know that you are in my daily prayers. - Dave Dare
                    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• SandyBoy
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Oct 31 2002

THANK YOU !!

I usually pray for others. Tonite when i lit the Chanukkah candles, I prayed for me! It's tough - but after so much chemo and feeling so sick, you sorta kinda get used to it and work around it. Well....sorta !

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎