This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Interior Work On Rose Is About Done

Over the weekend, Danny re-worked the elbow panels and continued working on the carpeting. The back sections are in and done, as is the front passenger side. He was working on the drivers front side when he had to stop to take his wife to the doctors. It is coming along. There are still some things that have to be fixed yet, like door panels that have to be completed, and some other things. But sometime in the next week or two, the interior work should be completed. We have been talking about what color heel pad to put in. It won't be seen because there will either be a carpeted floor mat there or a rubber one. We are discussing what color that should be. There is not much to choose from if I buy one from the vendors. Black, Blue, Red, Green, I think it is. I can have one made by Auto Custom Carpets in Alabama, but it would cost me $170 for a front set. I am thinking... With them, they will make it to the color I want it to be.

When he is finished with the interior then there are some other things that Danny is going to be doing in the trunk... If you need the link, here it is:

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 09-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

um, Ray...if you pay 170.00 for a colored heel pad that won't be seen, I would like to sell you some beach property in the Mojave

Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Ray,
Carpet looks great! I hope you take you shoes off before you step foot in The New Yellow Rose Of Texas Please when you get her finished will you put these photo's in Technical library for later use?
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Hi Cathie & Richard!

Thanks for the comments! The cost of $170 was for two custom made floor mats using carpeting material with the '58-'59 Tbird logo on them. We were thinking of having a gray front set made. For $60 I can buy a set of front rubber floor mats with the Tbird logo and spend the $110 on who knows how many cases of root beer if I want to! Besides those rubber mats should be a lot easier to keep clean. Danny is thinking of putting in a white heel pad so that if I have the rubber mats out, it will look pretty spiffy with the white heel pad in place.

Cathie, I am glad to hear that you are feeling much better, and finally getting some rest this week, after catching up at work. Check the posts, as one guy was needing help posting pix and I don't remember who it was.

Richard, I can put the web page on the Fortune City Technical Tips website so people will have it to refer to when they go through interior work on their Squarebird. Good idea!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM

Today, Danny covered the two side kick panels and they are in. Look under the pictures of the original ones and you will see the new ones. He also sewed a heel pad into the carpet, though it will probably not see a heel ever put on it directly. Then I took some pictures of the passenger door closed to show the continuity between that side kick panel, the door panel and the rear section. Because of the expense of custom made floor mats, I will probably go with the standard black rubber ones with the Tbird logo on them. They should be easy to take out and clean when needed. We are getting there! Here is the link if you need

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Outstanding stuff Ray, I love it.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

And a big orange bridge . . . that goes to that beach-house . . . in the Mojave!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
um, Ray...if you pay 170.00 for a colored heel pad that won't be seen, I would like to sell you some beach property in the Mojave

Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

Very Nice!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road
Talking

I like it Ray.
One thing about it . . . Depending on your exterior color "brightness" . . . When the Space Shuttle flies over they'll say "Hey look at the yellow TBird down there"
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM

That was a funny comment, John! I would not be surprised if they could see it from there! I visited Danny today, but I have no pictures to upload. We were working on the speaker. The speaker I have is not the original speaker for the Squarebird. As I recall, when I tried to get one, Don, at Bird Nest told me that he did not have any of the original replacement speakers. So, I bought a two cone version. It had to be modified to get it into the speaker console. I had it sitting on top temporarily because we had not taken the center console out.

I talked with Don at Bird Nest and he told me that the original speaker for these Squarebirds is still on back order. He does not know if the company who makes this speaker for our Birds is going to make anymore or not. Soo, those of you who might need an original speaker, and can find one at other Tbird parts houses, you might want to get it while the getting it good....

Today, we tried to put it inside the center console and mount it as it should be. It would not go in place, even though I had trimmed down the sides and drilled new holes for the mounting bolts. Eventually, we figured out that the paper ring around one of the cones was what was keeping it from going in flat on one end. Sooo, we trimmed off a curved section on that end with a razor blade and it slipped down into place. We bolted it in. Before we did this, we put it in the car, hooked up the speaker, turned on the radio to see if it still worked and it did.

So Danny got the speaker mounted in place, the ash tray lights in place, and the new replacement ashtray in place. Now he can get the center console back into the car and everything hooked up to it that is needed. He still has some door panel work to do, fix a door lock that will not unlock, and adjust a door handle, and finish off the drivers side carpeting. We are getting there. When I have new pictures, I will post them.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 09-28-2009 at 08:42 PM.