X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Squarebird birthdays

Itīs 50 years since the Squarebirds shined up our world, and donīt you think it would be a good idea to celebrate our babies with a picture on there birthdays?
    Ruth will be 50 the 18īth of May...
    Last edited by Anders; April 2, 2008, 04:02 PM.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Anders yes you are correct that our 58's will turn 50 this year.That's also a great idea of posting pictures on their birthdays. Our 58 is called Maggie " as I bought it for my wife Marg and she turns 50 on August 12th ( while the wife turns 56 in October ) Let's try something new. Everyone that has a 58 ( this being the 50th year ) respond to the anniversary date. That way we will at least see how many 58's are out there.I have a couple of Ford dealerships here interested in doing a promotion with ours in their showrooms. It will of course be in Nov. Dec. Jan & Feb. during the winter months

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Great date in my book. AUG.12 19??

Comment

• frank58
        Super-Experienced
        • May 28 2006

My '58's birthday is March 12
        (is that what you were asking Dano?)

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

@Frank58: Please put in a Pic of her then ( as you are already late...)
          This thread should be Sticky for at least 3 years...

@Dan: The name Ruth is a "swinglish" play with words, as a Square in swedish is Ruta, and my grandmas name was Rut ( of course the nicest and kindest in the whole world ), must be Ruth then, as this lady comes from US...
          Last edited by Anders; April 3, 2008, 02:39 AM.
          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

This sounds like a GREAT ideal fellow birders!!!
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

i am new to "squarebirding" i acquired mine a couple years ago when my grandfather passed away and i am turning 18 this august and i was wondering how you find out where the info on build date is? and i had it runing for the first time since last winter and it was blowing white smoke out of the exhaust the while time it was running and i found some oil drops under neath the passenger side of the engine and ideas if what the cause could be?? its a 58 hardtop with a 352 and its black with black and white leather interior and i am told it is all original

Comment

• mrtbird64
                • Jan 26 2008

Birthday

My 58 has a brithday coming up real soon April 18th,it is red with a white top and red and white inside. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL "58's" the big 50 (sure wish I was there again)

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Zeppelin!

Congratulations on keeping your Grandpa's Tbird in the family! You are a very fortunate young man to have an all original Bird. I hope you will enjoy it for a long time to come. The Build sheet could be anywhere if it is still in the car. It could be stuck up into the springs of the back seat, or the back of the seat. It has been found under the floor carpeting. Also up under the dash. It has been found under the front seats, or up inside the seats, as a recall. It is a matter of taking time to look for it. As for the white smoke, and the oil drops, I will leave that to the more experienced people on here. The white smoke might just be because it has not been run for awhile, maybe... Good luck with it! You must be the envy of your peers! I am not sure I answered you question though. As to where you find the date the car was built, look on your VIN tag which on a '58 I think is on the column where you open your drivers door, like my '59. There you should see the VIN tag. On that tag, one of the things it tells you is the Date. That number, letter combination is the date it was produced. The letter tells you the Month. A=January, B=February, C=March, D=April, E=May, F=June, G=July, H=August, I was not used because it looked to much like 1, J=September, K=October, L=November, M=December. Now you can figure out what day of the month and which month in 1958 your Bird was born!
                  Last edited by YellowRose; April 3, 2008, 05:27 PM. Reason: Added comments

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

thanks for the info next time i am down the garage i will be sure to get this info and if its nice ill get some pics of it

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Chris welcome to our site and if I can help you navigate this site a little easier, let me know. There is a wealth of information from our members and guests that are either in thread form or rely posts on most days.
                      If you send me an e-mail ( or hit the reply button on my posts ) with what you need to start off with, I can send you some stat sheets about the 58 that might interest you. For now, on the main page up near the top there are black buttons one that says " search" If you type in say " white smoke" it will search for all thread and posts related to this problem. Good Luck and enter often.

Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• tbirdave
                        Apprentice
                        • Jun 12 2006

58 B-day

Mine will be 50 on September 4. Hey, please post where you live so we can know where the remaining '58's are located. I'm in Modesto, CA.

Comment

• white_fox
                          Apprentice
                          • Feb 1 2006

1958 birthday?

Since new year models debut in September, wouldn't my May 26 be a production in 1957 not '58?
                          Just wondering?

Comment

• tbird430
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 18 2007

No not May 26th 1957. The 1958 T-Birds came out much later than the rest of Ford's 1958 line-up that year....
                            sigpic
                            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• RustyNCa
                              Super-Experienced
                              • May 31 2007

Originally posted by tbirdave
                              Mine will be 50 on September 4. Hey, please post where you live so we can know where the remaining '58's are located. I'm in Modesto, CA.
                              Well, acording to the owner of one I looked at yesterday, there shouldn't be but 100 of us out there. I am located in Redding CA.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎