All I can say is WOW!!
    Rose is really looking great!!!!
    Leonard
    sigpic

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

The Rose on the seats was a great idea. Like that.
      Now if only you can do a Tatoo on your left arm that match...
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Yellow Rose

Ray, all I can say is... SHEEZA LOOKIN BEAOOOTIFUL.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Interior Work On Rose Is About Done

I added a few more pix to the web page today, after my visit. There will probably only be a few more pix posted and then I will shut down this thread. I will move it to the Temporary Technical Library on Fortune City.com though, for future technical reference. Today, Danny received one of the highest accolade's regarding his work that he could receive. A good friend of mine, who has done many a full restoration of classic cars told me in a phone conversation, after seeing the latest work, that Danny has done the finest interior work that he has ever seen, and that Danny is a master craftsman for sure. I told Danny what he said awhile ago. I think he grew by about a foot after that! That is quite a complement coming from a peer! Click on the link below to see the additions. Not much more, but a few more pix to enjoy.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 4 2008

Ray, one word...STUNNING.
            sigpicBill
            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Ray, I have to admit the first time I saw the yellow it was kinda BRIGHT. but after looking at the pics as work progressed I really got used to it and now seeing the finished product,,, well Ray, she is Beautiful. Very nice job and the roses add that special touch. She is the Yellow Rose!

Comment

• Howard Prout
                Experienced
                • Feb 11 2009

WOW!!! That is awesome. Too bad the yellow font doesn't show up well on the forum page.
                sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• simplyconnected
                  Administrator
                  • May 26 2009

Stunningly awesome! Nothing comes close to that rich, creamy look of chrome. Nice job, Ray.
                  Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                  --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• byersmtrco
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Sep 28 2004

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is yellow !!! Never been a big fan . . . But that looks GREAT !!!
                    I love the scheme too . . . I would almost consider doing the strg wheel too . . . yellow . . . Color coded like the 61 + TB's are.

Get Lloyd Mats or somebody to make some nice matching mats for it.

WOW !!! very cool buddy !!!!!

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, John!

We wanted to put as much white in as possible to tone down the yellow some. That was one reason for the white section in the center of the dash pad, and to run that on down underneath the radio, paint that square piece white and continue the white on down through the middle of the center console to meet up with the center section of the back seat. We had more white on the lower part of the door panels, until Danny got inspired and decided to do it like it is. I love the Thunderbird wing design he came up with for the door panels and the back panels. Just fantastic!

We thought seriously of doing the steering wheel in yellow. In fact, as I recall, Jed asked me if I wanted him to paint it yellow. We decided to do it in white and the steering column and cup also, to try to tone down the yellow some more.

As for floor mats, we thought about having a set of yellow Tbird mats made by ASC, but they wanted $175 for just the front. We thought better of that, because that would just add more yellow to the interior. So I went with a set of standard black rubber floor mats with the Tbird logo on them.... For now.

There is still a couple of surprises coming ya'lls way before Danny is completely done with the interior. We are just waiting for some parts to come in. Then there is the trunk... What until you see what is in store for it!

Thanks for all the kind comments. They are much appreciated and Danny is reveling in them. His wife told me that he has put so much additional effort and time into this interior. She said it will probably be his masterpiece! And he has done many dozens of interiors over the years on classic cars, but never one like we have come up with! He has become completely taken by what we have done between us. I design, he does!!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• vernz
                        Experienced
                        • Jul 12 2008

I'm another person who was apprehensive about the bright yellow when I first saw it, but your vision of what the final product would look like was spot on. It's so gorgeous I'd be afraid to sit in it! I have the same black and white interior that you had (except I have torn white seat inserts) and can really appreciate the incredible contrast from what you started with to what you have now. Bravo!!!

Vern

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Danny took out the seats yesterday to do some touch up painting, and cleaning. While he had them out, I decided to do some close up picture taking of the chromed sections around the bottom of the seats. I just posted those pix.

Many of you have said to complement Danny on his beautiful workmanship. So I put all your comments about the interior work into a text file, printed them out and gave them to him. I doubt his feet will touch the ground over the next few days! He has never had his craftmanship detailed in pictures and text before. So this is something new to him to know that his work is being watched all over the world, as he re-built my interior. He is rather amazed at that, and humbled by your accolades.

BTW, Danny and his staff of two, have done many interior jobs for others outside of the city or state. They can do door panels, seats, you name it. Of course, you would have to ship them to them to do the work, but they have done this before. A seat can be a bulky thing to ship, but it has been done!

Danny also got my passenger door lock fixed! It has been broken since I have had Rose. In a few more days, after a few more things are taken care of and a few more pix are taken, I will close out the web page and post it in the Technical Forum for posterity and your future use. Then I will start a new one as Danny starts the work on the trunk. You won't want to miss that either! Thanks for all your support! It is much appreciated.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray it would appear that your vision of Rose, is soon coming to the completed stage pf the journey. The time, patience and talent from Danny and his crew is very evident, as the overall scheme of things nears the end. I would no doubt suspect that when you take her to your first S & S that most would be in awe and take a good long look at the effort put into her. Congratulations my friend, she truly is The Yellowrose of Texas, in all her glory.
                            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, Dan, for the nice comments. Much appreciated. I had lunch with Lou Paliani, Marilyn and the So. Texas TB Club gang this afternoon. Having reviewed the pictures, Lou thinks she is absolutely gorgeous and wants me to get her done, paint and all in time for the April S&S event here in San Antonio. It is a judged event and he thinks she can walk away with top trophy for best modified. Also, he wants me to take her to the VTCI Regional in Dallas-Ft. Worth in June. He thinks she stands a good chance there also. We will see how this works out. Winning awards was not my goal with Rose. Making her as pretty as she can be is.. If she should win some awards, so be it. If not, that is okay with me too. I did not do this to win awards.

Comment

Hey Ray,
                                Go for it! Show her off, she looks great and you should be proud of what you and Danny, and crew, have accomplished. She is a show piece!!!
                                Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎