X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

Originally posted by Alan H. Tast, AIA
    How about posting the ROTs and window sticker so we can see how it was listed as being optioned? And what were the codes on the data plate?

Will do, next week.
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• shelbygt
      • Jun 3 2010

Factory header options

Mark, I just moved your post to the 1964-1966 Flairbirds Forum. So guys, please reply over there!
      Last edited by YellowRose; June 3, 2010, 02:56 PM. Reason: Moved to appropriate Forum

Comment

• GTE427
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 9 2007

Long overdue, but attached are the ROT and Window Sticker.

For Alan's attention: The window sticker doesn't show the Sunrays as an option, however using the OFS, pg G7-8, on the ROT sheet, Row 3, Field FS-WC, Code '1', would indicate this car was equipped with 'Full Wheel Covers w/Fender Skirts'. What do you make of this? By this time, had Sunrays become standard equipment?
        Attached Files
        Ken
        1959 J Convertible
        1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
          Experienced
          • Jan 5 2008

For Alan's attention: The window sticker doesn't show the Sunrays as an option, however using the OFS, pg G7-8, on the ROT sheet, Row 3, Field FS-WC, Code '1', would indicate this car was equipped with 'Full Wheel Covers w/Fender Skirts'. What do you make of this? By this time, had Sunrays become standard equipment?
          Thanks for posting - great info! To clarify, full wheel covers were standard equipment for 1960 without the Sun Ray trim. The Sun Rays with the added trim and tri-color plastic center would have been called out on the window sticker since it was an added cost item. If your car has Sun Rays, it means that they've been added after delivery from the factory, either by the dealer (which probably would show up on the dealer's sales invoice/bill of sale) or someone else. After all, Sun Rays were a factory- and dealer-installed option.
          Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
          Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
          Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• GTE427
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 9 2007

Thanks for clearing up the terminology on Squarebird Wheel Covers. I've since revisited OFS sect 7.2.5 pg G2-35 that lists for 1960 the 10.5" hubcap as standard, full wheel cover B9A-1130-A as optional, sunray optional.

Looking at the ROT and Window Sticker it appeared the full wheel cover to be standard, prompting my previous question.

In summary, 1960, the full wheel cover was standard, sunray optional, 10.5 hubcap was not available. Do I have this correct?

The OFS also shows a Sun Dial wheel cover, C0AA-1130-D as listed for the 1960, but not used I gather. I have a 60 convert 1/24 scale promo with these wheel covers, this must be what your notes "early promo" meant. Once again, the level of detail and research in the OFS is incredible, I thanks all those involved with this specification.
            Ken
            1959 J Convertible
            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎