Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Here's a picture of C column without insulation.
    Nyles
    Attached Files

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Thanks Nyles, the picture tells the whole story. I think that even if I cut the top part of the Rod which would be in the way it wouldn't make any difference as the window would compensate. I may even have to delete some of the lower bracket to fit the window where I would like it to be. All in all it should be a straight forward job. I'm thinking of doing it all by myself with the exception of the liner. I'll get my Car upholsterer to finish it off.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Port Windows

Thanks to Nyles, I see something that is different in the '60 than in my '59. Mine did not have those thin bars across the top as the pic that Nyles posted does. It could be that they might have been there as a OEM item, but if so, someone in the past must have taken them out. I suspect that they are something that the engineers might have added in '60 and not have done in the '58 and '59. I would be interested to see what jopizz or Carl ~ partsetal have to say about this.

I will see if I can merge those two threads together. Ah! I did it right! I had forgotten that Randy had posted those pix for you and they showed that thin bar. I suspect that whoever added the port hole to Marco's '58 did not have that bar problem to contend with. Whoever did the port hole conversion for that '60 must have had it to contend with, and probably cut it out. They had to, to keep it from showing in the window! Hopefully, John or Carl can educate us on that subject!
        Last edited by YellowRose; June 16, 2017, 01:57 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Without those bars the headliner would not stay up. All three years had them. The only way I can see to do away with them is to glue some sort of cardboard to the roof and attach the headliner to that similar to modern cars.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Port Windows

Hi John, thanks for confirming that those bars were in all three years of Squarebirds. It is entirely possible that they were also in mine, because I was not present when he took out the headliner to clean the crud off the roof. He did not start putting in the headliner until I could take pictures because I wanted to document what things looked like as he was taking out the old interior and he knew it. After I got my pix, then he started cleaning up the roof and processing it for the installation of a new headliner. I was also not there when he put in the new headliner. So it is possible that he took those bars off to clean the roof, and then put them back in when he was ready to install the new headliner...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jopizz
              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The bars slip into pockets in the headliner so when you take the headliner out the bars usually come out with it.

John
              John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
              jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

Hi Squares, Randy Here !yes my 60 and 59 same bars as john said, Nyles your bird is so swell even under head liner !! And as for the rods you can just put your finger on head liner and feel it, at least with me.
                .port hole, I think Chris you have the right ideal cut the rod long tuck it some how with the help of the port hole. (my 2 penny)
                "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
                Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• Randy
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 21 2015

I always like the port hole look, My favorite was in the Town Car,
                  and I think its was in other ford Two, The Elite or LTD something like that , what say Dave where all they put the oval-opera window ports.??[IMG]port opera window by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]....................[IMG]1978-Lincoln-Mark-V-DJ-blue-g by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]...... the Mrak had them.

Comment

• Randy
                    Experienced
                    • Dec 21 2015

Nice Merge Ray.!

Comment

• bird 60
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Mar 18 2009

Port Hole Window Opening

Hi, for those that have Baby birds with Port Windows.
                      What is the the actual diameter that is required to be cut, to accommodate the external Ring. This is hoping that someone is restoring theirs, & has the Port Windows removed.

Thank you.....Chris From OZ.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎