X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fireball
    Apprentice
    • Nov 17 2012

Hello Gentlemen

Season here is pretty much over so I thought to share my impressions of the first summer behind Squarebird wheel, with some pics if you don't mind.

I have built over twenty different type of US cars from '27 T-roadster hot rod to newer cars, and this Bird really has some advantage to them all. The ride itself is top notch, absolutely the best of these vintage vehicles I've had. Ford engineers managed with their construction just awesome. 430 cid pulls hard enough and there's no darting at any speed.

I didn't get that much miles this summer, we spent the whole june in Orlando for vacation, and after that I was so busy working that I used the Bird only during couple of weekends etc, maybe some 800 miles total.

Most of the time everything was fine. Heater leaked at one occasion squirting the passenger footwell wet. I also suffered some mystery kangaroo act every now and then. I assume it is just carbage from the tank pluggin the carb. New tank just arrived from states so that with new lines will find it's place during the winter.

Once the gas got boiling in the carb at drive through Mc Donalds and it was soooo embarrashing to push the puppy outta there. After cooling the trip was a OK to home. Then I made a spacer out of plywood under the carb and never looked back.

Kids really love our Thunderbird and prefer it over the chryslers at our house, and I'm not blaming them

The styling and forms of the lines, oh boy is this an attention getter or what. I don't remember a single ride short or long without a thumbs up from another lane by total strangers.

To sum all of it, I'm very pleased with the toy and will continue building it towards "perfection", and ride it more in 2014.

Comment

• arizonajack
      Experienced
      • Oct 15 2013

Rejoice.

And dance.

From the broadway musical SpamalotDont leave me coments saying 'You shouldnt be recording this' etc. Beacse I didnt record it, i found it online.I think this...

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Great cars these Thunderbirds eh!

Coolness personified....and especially your one.
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Fireball
          Apprentice
          • Nov 17 2012

I'm quite happy of the result after two weekends effort in my engine bay

Before

After

Lots of sanding, painting, rerouting wires and hiding them into convoluted tubes and so forth. Valve covers and air cleaner are not white but my camera reflets the vanilla color like that
          Last edited by Fireball; January 19, 2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• FINSRIN
            Experienced
            • Aug 7 2010

With that terrific exterior color combined with black interior and wheels/tires, bet you draw lots of attention when out cruising.

Comment

• Fireball
              Apprentice
              • Nov 17 2012

How do you like my new interior lights, kinda spooky?

Comment

• Restifier52
                Experienced
                • Jul 26 2011

I like them. I have some red ones going in mine when winter is done.
                1960 HT
                Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎