X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1960Bird
    Experienced
    • Dec 4 2002

Need Brake lines etc.

Well, we blew a brake line Saturday so I am planning to replace them all, steel lines and the hoses. Is there a good/quality source for these. I get a lot of parts at Mac's but a lot of times they do not have the parts in stock. I am also considering a new master cylinder.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

steve
    390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.

Brake lines

I bought brake lines at napa and with a line bender I made all new lines for my 59 Bob M

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Most of the T-Bird suppliers have brake lines that fit exactly in regular steel and stainless steel. Stainless is twice as much, but you never need to replace it.
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

I did the same as Bob M bought lines and hoses at NAPA and made up my own with a tube bender.Just took the old ones off and used them as templates.George 60HT

Comment

Inline tub.....It was perfect fit. The only thing you have to do is straghtin the long one. Directions encluded .I got stainless
          Poububly overkill but grandkids don't have to worry. (they won't know how to work on them) Anyhow they went right on.
          Come to think of it i'm not sure there gettin these tbirds..........Bill

Comment

• byersmtrco
            Super-Experienced
            • Sep 28 2004

Mine are all new too. Not stainless, but quality.
            The 1st set lasted 44 yrs.
            I've already promised this car to my 4 yr old. He'll be 3rd generation orig owner. Prob have 1/2 a million miles on it by then.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎