X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunnybob
    Apprentice
    • Jan 29 2012

Another top Problem

Hello, it's me again with a new top problem on my 1960.

I still have the problem with the deck closing while top opening (now I use a stick to be sure it stays open and the top can have enough space to go in the trunk). But now there is a new and more troublesome issue:

When closing the top, just after the tray stops in correct closing position, the deck does not close and after few seconds the circuit breaker (new type fuse) stops the cycle. Any suggestion to what is going wrong, please? Thank you.

Roberto
    Lake cruisers
  • kuusamon
    Experienced
    • Feb 14 2009

I am sorry, I haven't been following posts about this problem from you before so maybe I am telling something wrong or been checked already but please check the pump motor direction.
    I had the same problem because I realized that my pump motor was a newer type the yellow and red wire were reversed in newer types. Try to view my posts on this subject last year.
    It was by chance that I found out something when checking different wiring diagrams from old and newer top systems from the Tbird.
    Jopiz helped me on solving this problem. Do a search in the forum or check posts done by me on this problem.
    if it isn't I will try to figure something out for you in the next few days but check these old posts first.
    regards=ron
    sigpicGreets,
    Ronald
    Kuusamo
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

• sunnybob
      Apprentice
      • Jan 29 2012

I fixed it Following the shop manual troubleshotting I found the top up limit switch needed some adjusting and now the top seems to work fine.

Thank you.

Roberto
      Lake cruisers

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎