Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 Throwdown: Motor Trend pits Hyundai Genesis against 2011 Mustang, 2010 Camaro and

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

V6 Throwdown: Motor Trend pits Hyundai Genesis against 2011 Mustang, 2010 Camaro and

Filed under: Coupe, Budget, Performance, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Hyundai, By the Numbers
    Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track - Click above for high-res image gallery

By now, we've all read the various incarnations of the muscle car shoot-out, which means that had the crew from Motor Trend decided to simply line up the V6 versions of the 2010 Dodge Challenger, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro and 2011 Ford Mustang against one another, odds are you could have picked the podium without breaking a sweat (or reading the article). And that's why we're guessing the editors decided to throw in the Hyundai Genesis Coupe for spice.

At first glance, this feels like the easiest game of "which one doesn't belong" ever played, but on closer inspection, the Genesis 3.8 looks right at home among Michigan's Neapolitan pack of muscle cars. The Hyundai boasts 305 horsepower from its sizable V6, which is more than any of the big domestics. How does it fair against the entry Mopar, Bowtie and Blue Oval? We'll go ahead and spoil it for you by saying that MT didn't just invite the Korean coupe to the dance. It named it belle of the ball, too.

Why did the Genesis Coupe take the gold, even ahead of re-powered 2011 Mustang? According to MT, the Hyundai simply feels more like a sports car than the rest of the suspects. Funny - we thought they were testing muscle cars...

Gallery: Review: 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

Gallery: First Drive: 2011 Ford Mustang V6

Gallery: The Joy of Six: 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 RS

Gallery: In the Autoblog Garage: 2009 Dodge Challenger SE

[Source: MT]V6 Throwdown: Motor Trend pits Hyundai Genesis against 2011 Mustang, 2010 Camaro and Challenger originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:26:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Motor Trend is so **** dumb!

It's the Dodge Challenger that is competitive with Camaro & Mustang,
    NOT a Hyundai ! Geeeezzzz

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by SandyBoy
      Motor Trend is so **** dumb!

It's the Dodge Challenger that is competitive with Camaro & Mustang,
      NOT a Hyundai ! Geeeezzzz
      I know you would react on that Maybe the big 3 forgot handling on there cars. Again.....
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

It really is a changed world from my days, growing up with Alexander Ghram Bell. To EVEN mention a Hyundai in the same breath of a Camaro SS, a Dodge Challenger R/T or a Ford Mustang GT would brand you a nerd for life. Even well into the 89s & 90s, ditto. (and) In many circles, still, even today.

Now, do not get me wrong, there is a Hyundai that I really admire, for it's ultra luxury interior and outside appearance, it's one sweet looking car, and that's the Azura. A true beauty !!! Reasonablly priced, too.

But.....I'm sorry, to these ears, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T Mustang GT and Hyundai ..... is akin to putting relish on jello.
        Even if the thing has 350 H.P. and rides like it's on rails, it's STILL says Hyundai on it. I guess it's about perception.....prestiege......
        It may have the "goods" but at this point, it lacks the aura, the prestiege among the go-fast guys, and in a good way....the thieves will not steal it.

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by SandyBoy
          But.....I'm sorry, to these ears, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T Mustang GT and Hyundai ..... is akin to putting relish on jello.
          Even if the thing has 350 H.P. and rides like it's on rails, it's STILL says Hyundai on it. I guess it's about perception.....prestiege......
          It may have the "goods" but at this point, it lacks the aura, the prestiege among the go-fast guys, and in a good way....the thieves will not steal it.
          I donīt see much of a "Aura" on the names of Chevrolet, Dodge or Ford for the last 40 years.....
          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎