PCV upgrade on '59

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KULTULZ

Originally posted by Rock&Roll Firebird

Good place - the parts123.com. I must be blind but is there a search engine that serches the wanted part in ALL related shops?
    Try this one also-

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by triple60squares

how do you get the road draft tube out of the intake? i tried to take mine out and it broke off
      It is pressed into the intake manifold. You will have to wrestle it out. Try collapsing the tube (remnant) and pulling on it (wiggling).

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
        Experienced
        • Jun 20 2012

Tried to order the replacement '62 connector from the TBird Ranch, unfortunately no response to e-mail or telephone at all . Any idea? Have any of you ordered from that place recently?

Comment

• KULTULZ

Maybe closed for holiday weekend?

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

PCV upgrade on '59

I cannot tell you what is going on with John Draxler at Tbird Ranch. It has been awhile since I last tried to contact him by email or phone. I never received a reply from him. This is the same thing others have been saying for some time now. I do not know if he is in ill health, or what. I just tried to call him again and got his recording, as is usually the case. I asked him to respond to me because we are concerned that he might be in ill health. I also let him know that others are trying to get in contact with him but are having the same results I am.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• DKheld
              Super-Experienced
              • Aug 27 2008

These folks may have that bolt but it may not be cost effective to order the one item if you are ordering from a Tbird supplier too. I believe it would be AMK268 on page 117 of their '65-'73 Mustang catalog. There were many Mustangs that had the same Ford 4100 carb. I'd email or call them to be sure. I was very impressed with their customer service when I ordered from them. They have other Ford parts that cross reference too and sent a free catalog with my last order of only $10.

Eric

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by DKheld

These folks may have that bolt but it may not be cost effective to order the one item if you are ordering from a Tbird supplier too. I believe it would be AMK268 on page 117 of their '65-'73 Mustang catalog.

Eric

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/EM_...Site/00117.htm
                AMK? Then this is where they are being sourced-

Genuine Hardware

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                  Experienced
                  • Jun 20 2012

These folks may have that bolt but it may not be cost effective to order the one item if you are ordering from a Tbird supplier too. I believe it would be AMK268 on page 117 of their '65-'73 Mustang catalog. There were many Mustangs that had the same Ford 4100 carb. I'd email or call them to be sure. I was very impressed with their customer service when I ordered from them. They have other Ford parts that cross reference too and sent a free catalog with my last order of only $10.

Eric

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/EM_...Site/00117.htm
                  No sure what bolt you are refering to, but AMK268 stands for an air cleaner fastener kit. I am looking for the PCV intake manifold connector...

Comment

• DKheld
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Aug 27 2008

No sure what bolt you are refering to, but AMK268 stands for an air cleaner fastener kit. I am looking for the PCV intake manifold connector...

re: post #24

Eric

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                      Experienced
                      • Jun 20 2012

re: post #24

Eric
                      I see, found this one already at Birds Nest. But thank you anyway .

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                        Experienced
                        • Jun 20 2012

Noticed that while there can be used the 4-way brass connector (and steel lines) on the PCV instalation, some of you use rubber hoses and 'T' connectors in the vacuum system instead. Is there any practical difference between those?

Can you advise where can I get the 4-way brass connector for this installation?

I also noticed that I will need the brass connector from the PCV valve (on the picture). What type it is and any idea where to get one?

And a last one - for this brass connector will I need the '63 type of PCV valve or the '66 one? I guess the '63 one with the threading, correct?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Rock&Roll Firebird; May 26, 2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• triple60squares
                          Experienced
                          • Jan 25 2013

well I got the stub of my draft tube out of my intake and compared it to a rubber grommet for a pcv valve to fit a chrome valve cover was a snug fit in the intake applied gasket sealer around the grommet and stuck it in the intake tomorrow going to buy a pcv valve for a mid 70's gm and stick it in the grommint and plumb it to the base of my edelbrock carb no muss no fuss no trying to find parts from other cars easy breezy japeneesy
                          60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
                          60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
                          60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

• KULTULZ

Noticed that while there can be used the 4-way brass connector (and steel lines) on the PCV instalation, some of you use rubber hoses and 'T' connectors in the vacuum system instead. Is there any practical difference between those?

Can you advise where can I get the 4-way brass connector for this installation?

I also noticed that I will need the brass connector from the PCV valve (on the picture). What type it is and any idea where to get one?

And a last one - for this brass connector will I need the '63 type of PCV valve or the '66 one? I guess the '63 one with the threading, correct?
                            The valve type will depend on how you plan to route the vacuum hose from the rear of the intake into the vacuum signal source. The photo you show has the earlier style (thread in) valve.

As for the fitting, that is going to take some research.

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                              Experienced
                              • Jun 20 2012

Originally posted by KULTULZ
                              The valve type will depend on how you plan to route the vacuum hose from the rear of the intake into the vacuum signal source. The photo you show has the earlier style (thread in) valve.

As for the fitting, that is going to take some research.
                              OK, got it. What about the 4-way brass connector - is it commonly available?

Comment

• KULTULZ

OK, got it.

What about the 4-way brass connector - is it commonly available?
                                Do you have the original 3-way fitting? Can you supply a close-up photo and line fitting(s) sizes?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎