X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Name for my new Bird please

I have just purchase a Colonial White 59HT, 352 etc that has had an aftermarket new interior installed. White leather with the dash and console having also been recovered in white as well. Cant wait to keep this one clean....

It joins Lady Penelope in the shed and both will now be gainfully employed as wedding and Ball hire cars. Petrolhead has come up with a good business name - Love Birds - and I now seeking help coming up with a name for my new baby...any ideas?
    Attached Files
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

In greek Mythology Penelope was the Queen of Ithica during the Helen of Troy Saga. It would only seem fair to find her a King. Penelopes' husband (King) at the time was none other than Odyssius the mastermind behind the Wooden Horse. Ironic the same amount of letters

Chris.....From the other side of the Nullarbor.

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Too busy thinking about the name. A very nice looking '59 Bill. A couple of questions.
      (1) Weddings without Air-ConGets bloody hot in W.A.
      (2) No Radio You gotta play your Rock " N " Roll.

What's the criteria required to do Weddings

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Penelope
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 4 2008

Chris, Penelope was actually named after Lady Penelope of the Thunderbirds TV show, hence her number plate RGO, you would remember...."thunderbirds are go Mr Tracey" or you may not be as old as me.

I like your thinking with the King's name but I cant help thinking of my cars as females, especially classics like the birds. At the end of the day, all those curves and style that just beckon you to lavish your attention on them, spend more than you know you should and sometimes let you down...Despite all that you just love them more,it's just got to be a female!

To answer your other questions, weddings in WA without aircons...mate, I live in Broome, we have it hot up here but Perth is similar to your hometown, nice and mild! But seriously, wind down the windows and it's cooler! What do you need to do to be able to use them for weddings is another story. Lucky for us, Left Hand Drives can be used as private charter vehicles if they are more than 30 years old and pass very stringent roadworthy tests. The hardest test is to get them over the pits for normal registration anyway and I hope to be past that test for the 59 soon after she arrives. Penelope is fully registered for every day use and so will the 59 be (I hope). I also need to fit seatbelts to the rear seats for the bride and groom to shackle themselves in!

Its then up to the Dept of Transport to decide if they will pass them for charter....hope they do!

Then set up a web site, go to the market, and there you have it, a tax dodge for your classic cars (just kidding).
        sigpicBill

Comment

Hey Bill,
          How about calling her Pearl. She is beautiful. Love all the white.

P.S. She is pretty as a white pearl!!!
          Last edited by Guest; April 28, 2009, 07:27 AM. Reason: added comment

Comment

• Gazza
            Apprentice
            • Feb 3 2009

Lovely looking car

She has to be Victoria - The White Queen
            '64 390 TBird Hardtop
            '65 Mustang Fastback
            '01 BMW 'M' Roadster

Comment

• Coral
              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Grace
              Better still, sit in her for a while or give her a nice wash and wax, she will tell you her name....

And can I beg a close-up of that white dash?

Comment

• Petrolhead
                Experienced
                • Jul 2 2007

Hi ya Bill

If you're into Thunderbirds it'd have to be Parker, as in Penelope and her driver Parker

Otherwise, go with Wacky Races, and call it Pitstop... Penelope Pitstop

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bill outstanding looking classic. Here's my two (2) cents worth for a name for the 59. First along the lines of Penelope, then I would go with Lady Patricia. Failing that something radical like Abegayle
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Name for my new Bird please

I like Cathie's suggestion.. But just to put my 2 pence in, how about "Love Bird"? Yeah, I know, that is going to be the name of the busines. Or how about "Lovey"?

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Mar 4 2008

Thank you all for the suggestions. Richard has hit the nail on the head though as I live in Broome, Western Australia 75% of the time and the town is famous for it's Pearls. We even have a Pearl Festival here (due soon) called Shinju Matsuri, so to follow my heart, Pearl it will be.

Cathie, as soon as Pearl arrives, I shall take some close ups of the dash and PM them to you.
                      sigpicBill

Comment

Hey Bill,
                        Thanks, Pearl is a beautiful name for her. After looking at her on your post, thats the first thing that I thought of. I thought what a beautiful Thunderbird, white inside and out, she looks like a fine white Pearl. What a GEM!!!
                        THUNDERBIRDS FOREVER!!!
                        Richard

Comment

• bird 60
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Mar 18 2009

I also like Pearl. But then there's Princes Diana, Snow white, Cinderela, White Beauty,

Chris ....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Pearl

How can you go wrong with PEARLs for a lady of refinement?

Comment

• Coral
                              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Hummm.... I seem to have misplaced a post....

I swear I addressed this thread... LOL

If you see an odd reply from me somewhere, please let me know, Or YellowRose so he can delete it... yikes....

Anyway...Pearl is good, and thanks for the offer on more pix of the dash Bill...since yer sending those, how's about some of those pearls yer area is famous for....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎