X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

2009 Mustang

If You'd Like To Order A Specific 2009 Mustang, With Your Options & Your Model In Your Color/interior Combo, The Final Day To Do So Is December 7th - 2009

I Want To Do So, But Cannot Part With My 2003 Town Car Limited Edition With Every Option And Just 11,300 Miles On Her. If If If The Mustang Had Those Headlights That Could Be Set For 60 90 120 Or 18o Seconds To Stay Illuminated After You Left The Car, I'd Do It....but, Ford Sees Fit To Omit That Option Year After Year After Year From The Mustang Option Listing, And I Really Need That Feature.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

SandyBoy great to see you on the site. Remember The Mustang, you may get tired of after awhile. The Lincoln Town Car now that's forever. 11,300 miles, outstanding.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

It's where I live

It's not a city, like NYC or Pittsburg, but it's so-called suburbia, and like many we adjoin several other towns that are almost exact, therefore we are overloaded with commercial areas, shopping centers, and close to major routes overloaded with ton more retail, so you really do not have to travel for anything!
      From December through late March I use the wife's Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 wagon. (2001 with 55,000 miles = absolute brochure flawless condition) and we share it, so the T.C. sleeps in the garage. thusly 11,000 miles. I really love the current Mustang GT convertible and it's a super car.
      But, I MUST have the delay (and the length of delay adjustable) on any car, that I own. Once you get used to it - really, you would be surprised how much you would use it - and how much you would miss it, when you DO NOT have it. I cannot seem to warm up to the MK-S -- but I am going to take one out on an extended DEMO ride, soon. Not crazy 'bout the height of the thing, nor the styling, but I wanna see if it's better than a Town Car. I have my doubts.
      My local Cadillac dealer sold a new 2009 STS to a buyer who put (as I do) every possible option on her. Then, he backed out of the deal. The car sits on the showroom floor, now, since October 11th. Window sticker I do believe is in the Eighties ! NO BUYER. Sad.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

SandyBoy with all the current inventory the car dealerships have on hand that $80's number may go down to a more realistic figure. With the Big Three jst being summoned to Washington along with the head of the UAW, to explain the state of affairs for the "bail out money" prices falling may be sooner than later. I know your neck of the woods from my Toronto days and playing Jr.B hockey in a lot of your surrounding areas.

Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

2009 Mustang

Sandy,

I have seen one or two postings on the internet of 2009 Mustangs with the headlight on/off delay you are seeking. I do not know if it is a dealer added option or an after market item that can be added. I would think it would be no big deal to have one added to the car system. Here is one ad that I ran into. Note that it specifies that the car has the headlight on/off delay option.

Wicked Local Wheels

2009, Ford Mustang, $37890, 19, Columbia Ford 234 Route 6 .... Am/fm stereo radio, Auto headlamp on/off delay, Cd player in dash, Center storage console, ...
          wheels.wickedlocal.com/autos/search/results.php?BudgetByPayment=1&balanceOwed...Ford&maxPayment1... - 222k - Cached - Similar pages

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• SandyBoy
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

'' I know your neck of the woods from my Toronto days and playing Jr.B hockey in a lot of your surrounding areas.''

Do you recall any town's names ?

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

Ray, that's a vastly different system. THAT system leaves the headlights ON for 30-seconds after you turn off the motor. That's it.

The Lincoln/Caddy system can be turned ON via the key fob as you approach the car, and upon leaving the car you can set the amount of time, for the delay-off to 30, 60, 90 or 120 seconds.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                Super-Experienced
                • Oct 31 2002

Keeping the Town Car

Cannot part with her. No 2009 or 2010 Mustang is showing up, here.

Comment

• Anders
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jan 19 2008

For what reason do anyone the headlight keep running after leaving the car in the first place? No matter 30 or 120 sec??
                  To have them light up as you approach the car I understand, as you can find it easier, but after leaving it?
                  We ( Volvo that is....) have a button on the key that lights up the car, in and out plus an additional lamp under the mirrors, giving a flood-light as you approach. I though that was more than enough.
                  sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                  http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• SandyBoy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2002

I live on a dark street, across from a large county park. At night it is very dark here and I set it for 120 seconds (the max) and it lights my way to see the keys, and get in safely. It's one of those convenience item that once you have it you get use to it. It also works on High Beams, if you switch to that. Mine is set on automatic.

Approaching the car, and using the key fob thing a click to open the door locks will also tell the photogenic thingiee that it is DARK outside and turn on the headlights & taillamps to illuminate your way. It will also start the car and if I park & set the heater & seat warmers, in advance, I will enter a warmed up car, and have a warmed seat. It will also check the doors & make sure that they are locked. When i enter (and it's running) I have to insert the key into the ignition before I do anything. If i do not do that, the first time I step on the brake oedal - - the car will stall and not re-start until I insert the key.
                    This to keep anyone from breaking the glass to get into the running car & steal it. As soon as they push the brake pedal, she dies and will not restart.
                    If I puther in the garage, I must bring the clicker to open/close the garage door with me into the house, asI must use it to open the garage door, BEFORE remote starting the car. Can't run a car in a closed garage, ya know.

Comment

• Anders
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by SandyBoy
                      I live on a dark street, across from a large county park. At night it is very dark here and I set it for 120 seconds (the max) and it lights my way to see the keys, and get in safely. It's one of those convenience item that once you have it you get use to it. It also works on High Beams, if you switch to that. Mine is set on automatic.

Approaching the car, and using the key fob thing a click to open the door locks will also tell the photogenic thingiee that it is DARK outside and turn on the headlights & taillamps to illuminate your way. It will also start the car and if I park & set the heater & seat warmers, in advance, I will enter a warmed up car, and have a warmed seat. It will also check the doors & make sure that they are locked. When i enter (and it's running) I have to insert the key into the ignition before I do anything. If i do not do that, the first time I step on the brake oedal - - the car will stall and not re-start until I insert the key.
                      This to keep anyone from breaking the glass to get into the running car & steal it. As soon as they push the brake pedal, she dies and will not restart.
                      If I puther in the garage, I must bring the clicker to open/close the garage door with me into the house, asI must use it to open the garage door, BEFORE remote starting the car. Can't run a car in a closed garage, ya know.
                      It all sounds technical. But I beat you on one thing I donīt need to take my key out of my pocket. I only opend the door, and push the startbutton. When I leave the car, I only put my finger on any of the 4 door-handle, and it closes everything. Very handy.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

'Ya, I sae that on the 2009 Lincoln MK-S. That has it. What car do you have ? Volvo? I love the S80 Premier Elite. Neat car. In America it's sorely overlooked. I'd buy it !!! But my peers only want BMW AUDI or M-Benz.
                        I would buy Volvo / Saab 9.5 Aero before audi, MB or BMW/

I do not like being a sheep

Comment

• scumdog
                          Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

'Ya, I sae that on the 2009 Lincoln MK-S. That has it. What car do you have ? Volvo? I love the S80 Premier Elite. Neat car. In America it's sorely overlooked. I'd buy it !!! But my peers only want BMW AUDI or M-Benz.

I too.

I drive brand new cars as part of my job - and I wouldn't spend the money buying one (should I HAVE the $$$!!), I'd rather put it into by T-bird, my hot-rod or my motorbike.

Too many people see a 'new car' as a status symbol and often buy them for the 'gimmicks' they have - often many said gimmicks are rarely if ever used.
                          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Anders
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jan 19 2008

S80 D5 ( Turbo diesel )"Summum".
                            Summum means maximum attack on options....
                            Like bending lights. Follows the steering wheel. Does Lincoln have that too?
                            But I have it as a companycar, and change every 2:nd year. Not sure what it will be this summer, when itīs time to change again.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Oct 31 2002

I like thr 311 H.P. V-8 with the All Wheel Drive Premier Elite with model tons of toys! The 2008 out-does itself. Wool carpeting, with leather inserts in hard wear areas. If I only had $ 60.511.OO to drop on it ! That's the window sticker here in New York Area. Dealers are give off $3,000 from that price, but the added SALES TAX piles that $3,000 right back on. My NEAREST dealer is located in a very wealthy area, so....one would think he sell a good number of them, right? Nope! He sold 10 last year, less than 1 a month !! Buyers are dumb. It's a conservative car with good looks not offensive to anyone laden with the MOST toys I have ever seen on a car, if if if you order them all. (As I always do). But, you see the neighbors would not know what it is. only than it's NOT a BMW or a Benz, so.....it's a "cheap car" probably....
                              Last edited by SandyBoy; January 15, 2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎