View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Rob's 1960 non AC 430 to AC Install

Today, Rob and Don were working on finishing the interior work on the AC install on his 430. Hopefully, he will have some pix of what it looks like now. Then they were planning on starting the serious work in the engine bay. So far, Rob has said that the install instructions with the kit are pretty straight forward and has been easy to follow. They are going to have to determine what to do with the pusher fan he has on the outside of the radiator. It will probably have to come off because the AC condenser goes there. In conversation with John ~ jopizz today, he suggested that they may want to forego the 6 bladed mechanical fan he has ordered and spacer, leave it off, and place the pusher fan on the back of the radiator and make it a puller. If he has a Flex-A-Lite electric fan, it can quickly be converted from a pusher to a puller or vice versa.. I sent them the link on how to do it. I am looking forward to some pix and if I get them tonight, I will post a Before and After picture.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm