X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevin_tbird
    Experienced
    • Jun 12 2011

Glass Bug

I am installing some new side glass and want to reproduce the "BUG" markings with the date codes. The only place I have found that can produce the stencils is Carleton Glass, but he wants $90 for a set. I only need the sides.

Their website address is http://www.fordscript.com/carleton_glass/contact.html

Has anyone had any experience with this company? Do you know of another place to get the etching decal?
  • jax
    Apprentice
    • Jun 27 2010

Etchings

Seems like alot for a set of stencils. I used to Co-own a custom vinyl shop, and we used to make stencils out of vinyl for some customers. All we needed was a BMP image. We would convert it and cut it out of a special vinyl that was made for glass etchings.

Most companies have gigs upon gigs of artwork. If they are worth their weight, they can custom build a graphic for you.

Most of the time, after the glass is etched the Stencils are no longer any good.

If you have any custom sign/vinyl graphics shops in your area, you might want to ask them about cutting you a glass etching graphic.

I don't know if you have the blaster to do the etchings yourself, but Eastwood (www.eastwood.com) sells a glass etching kit. Glass etching is hard to go without going too deep or not getting deep enough. I refer to it as glass tattooing.
    TBIRD REGISTRY #19539
    1959 TBird
    1958 F100

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎