X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
    ...Tap it back carefully with a brass hammer until the pot-metal roller track has the same gap all the way across the roller track.
    My experience with pot metal is; pot metal is a casting. If you hit it with a hammer it will break or chip off. Any places where the gap is eroded can and should be replaced with steel. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

The quarter window frame's roller track isnt eroded, it gets "stretched" wider from decades of use. And now I recall I actually used a rubber hammer for the tapping, not a brass one.

Fixing the track was one of the operations given to me by tmjsong (a member on this board). He did the same thing many years ago. And the brass rollers were also his idea.
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

One of my rear window also have uneven slot. The middle was more opend due to heavy forces and not so smooth operation. I will clean everything before these babies goes back. Have anyone heard what a set of 12 rollers cost yet?
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
          Experienced
          • Jun 2 2010

My apologies for being away from the forum and this topic for so long. I am on a sailing sabbatical for the last 9 months and for 9 more most likely. When I return, I will delve into making these roller for everyone. I just ran out of time and my sailboat turned out to be a HUGE project. Getting back to my 60 Bird should seem like childs play in comparison.
          "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎