Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blue 58
    • Aug 12 2012

I've decided to sell my project

Hello. Well, it was a short lived project but the addition of our just born baby girl has taken complete priority and all of my time. I hate to see my bird sitting in the backyard as time continues to tick away at it, so I have decided to sell it. The only problem is, I have no clue what to list it for, so I have come to you all for some advice. I'll try to summarize its condition as best as possible.

1958 hardtop, 352, automatic, A/C, power steering, power windows, power drivers seat, power windshield washer, blue/white inside and out. Almost every part is there, either on the car or in a parts bag in the trunk. Engine turns over with the starter but is not at all in running condition yet so I don't know if it will actually run. Body is straight for the most part but it has some obvious bondo cracking so I don't know whats under the faded paint. No major rust and I've removed all carpet to verify.

So, what's a fair price to ask? Thanks for everyone's help. This has been a great forum.

Eric
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The market is pretty soft for hardtops right now so I don't think you can get much for one that doesn't run or drive. Without seeing pictures it's hard to make a good estimate but from what you describe I would say $2000-2500. Maybe more if the interior is in good condition including the dash. It may be worth more parted out with all the options it has.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Congrats on the new family "addition".

Sorry to hear about your project Bird though. Maybe you can hang onto to the car if you don't get enough interest in her (due to current build/project status)? Maybe you can get back on this project in 3 years?? After all, these cars only appreciate as time moves on.

G/L
      -Jon in TX.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎