X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lainey
    Apprentice
    • Feb 23 2005

air shocks

I am looking to find out if anyone makes rear air shocks for my 1960 Bird. Thanks:7

RE: air shocks

Think twice.........I got a pair from Kanter Auto........but the air lines that come with it are awful....leak.......although when I do put air in them you see the car actually raise up and rode quite nice before all the air leaked back out. They only make them for the rear.

Comment

• byersmtrco
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 28 2004

I've never had the best of luck with them (Never tried on a TB) If Monroe or some quality maker had em, WITH good lines I might. My buddy at Allied Auto is trying to find me a pair of coil overs. I might just remove one of mine and give to him for measurement and dimension purposes. Needs something. The leaf springs offered by these TB places are a joke. Raises the car 3 ft in the air. They never sat that high stock. I have a pic of my car when it was brand new. Still had the gangster white walls. It sat about an inch higher than today.

JB

Comment

Kanter Automotive also has the coil overs. I got a pair of them from Kanter last year for my 59 convertible, and they helped quite a bit..
        Replacement mechanical and interior parts for American cars 1920-1986. Classic car parts, old car parts, antique car parts, and muscle cars parts for sale!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎