Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackbeauty59
    • Mar 9 2009

Resilvering-Sideview Mirrors

Does anyome have a source to have an Adjust-O-Ring mirror resilvered? Everybody offering resilvering wants the mirror removed from its craddle, bare glass. The mirror appears to have been rolled into the carrier and looks like it would be damaged if removed. The mirror and cradle are easily removable from the base, but separating the mirror from its craddle looks like a speciality operation.

Hey Paul,
    The silver is applied to the back of the mirror with a safety coating. There is no way to resilver a mirror with anything attached!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The Adjust-o- Ring mirror is available from the vendors...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• blackbeauty59
        • Mar 9 2009

Resilvering-Adjust-O-Ring Mirrors

Originally posted by YellowRose
        The Adjust-o- Ring mirror is available from the vendors...
        The mirrors available from our usual vendors are chrome plated plastic of a very poor quality. I have already tried this route and returned the units for credit. I am hopping someone has found a source capable of restoring the original product. The vendors on Ebay have replacement inserts for the later years but nothing this far back.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Paul,

On Monday try www.greensalescompany.com They specialize in old, outdated Ford parts. Also The Bird House, and the Bird Nest. Two places that might have a good Adjust-O-Ring off one of their parts cars. Also try John Draxler of the Thunderbird Ranch. Their phone numbers should be on the Home page. Or for John Draxler it is www.tbirdranch.com and his phone number is on the web page. Let us know how you come out.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• kansasjohn
            • Nov 5 2007

Do you mean these people have the guts to charge $157.00 a piece for plastic mirrors

Comment

• blackbeauty59
              • Mar 9 2009

The two mirrors I received were made of a very thin plastic and what was meant to pass for chrome plating. The "chrome" had bubbles in it. The reflector was not made of glass. I returned them with a note that they were not accepatable for the application. TH promptly credited my account for the full amount less shipping.

Comment

• blackbeauty59
                • Mar 9 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
                Hi Paul,

On Monday try www.greensalescompany.com They specialize in old, outdated Ford parts. Also The Bird House, and the Bird Nest. Two places that might have a good Adjust-O-Ring off one of their parts cars. Also try John Draxler of the Thunderbird Ranch. Their phone numbers should be on the Home page. Or for John Draxler it is www.tbirdranch.com and his phone number is on the web page. Let us know how you come out.
                Thank you. The emails have been sent.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎