No announcement yet.

Water in my trunk

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water in my trunk

I did not notice it until all the rain we got with TS Fay but I have a serious leak into the trunk.I know where it is coming from but not sure how to fix it.After I painted the Red Bird I install a new trunk seal.After I discovered the leak I took a close look at it and low and behold I see that both the front and rear of the seal has a nice groove in it,where the channel lip has sit.But both the left and right sides don't have that nice groove in it.
    Has anyone had this problem and fixed it with maybe an adjustment to the trunk?? Thanks George

I hate to say it, but if your significent other has a good sense of humor, put them in the trunk and hit it with the hose to be sure where the leak is. Otherwise, you've got to do time in the trunk with someone you really trust on the outside.
    Good luck. I've been tracing a leak in a Fairlane for way too long.
    Joe

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

George ( Colonel ) where did you get the trunk seal kit from ?? If it was a TBird supplier perhaps it was packaged wrong, missing some items. Also got your package of the interior chrome and my money order on it's way with my thanks.

Dano Calgary Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Petrolhead
        Experienced
        • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by joe1946
        I hate to say it, but if your significent other has a good sense of humor, put them in the trunk and hit it with the hose to be sure where the leak is. Otherwise, you've got to do time in the trunk with someone you really trust on the outside.
        Good luck. I've been tracing a leak in a Fairlane for way too long.
        Joe
        I read somewhere that you slide a piece of paper along the seal between the trunk lid and the seal when the trunk's closed; where there's drag on the strip of paper there's a seal, where it moves unrestricted there isn't. Haven't tried it, but sounds logical.

Comment

Joe I already ran that past her,she wasn't to keen on the idea.I have a kinda funky lock on the trunk and I am afraid I will get in there and she won't be able to open it,and being that I am a bit of a claustiphobic I can't see me in there for very long.Guess I could take a rachet and 9/16 inch socket in with me.LOL.Paper idea sounds good I can do that from the outside.

Comment

I think PETROLHEAD has the right idea. Much easier than trying to talk the wife into it.
            It sounds like funky locks are a common item.
            Good luck.
            Joe

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎