No announcement yet.

Rear Seat Cover and foam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Seat Cover and foam

Does anyone know where I can buy JUST the rear seat cover in black? I can only find the complete sets. Also, I can only find the rear seat foams for sale for $350.00. Does anyone know of a cheaper place?
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Rear Seat Cover and foam

Dan, call some of the other major Tbird parts vendors in the Advertisements Forum and ask them. If you don't have their free catalogs, ask them for one. Then you can price shop and compare..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Don't discount your local auto upholstery shops. You can probably have the rear seat done locally for about the same as you'd pay online for just the materials.

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

I agree with Steve (Yadkin). I had a headliner made for my Tbird and although it was about $10 more than the one I ordered (minus shipping) the quality was great and it matched the original much better. So if you include shipping the local shop was about $10 less (I installed it myself). Wound up giving the vendors headliner away. Was way too white compared to OEM. Couldn't send it back because it had been over a year since I bought it - project took a lot longer than expected.

Just recently had a set of seat covers made for a small 2-seater at another shop. They were $40 more than what could be ordered from a vendor but mine are custom materials that I picked out at a local upholstery shop. I bought the foam for the seats there too and cut it with an electric knife. I'll admit though - those seat foams for the little 2-seater are a whole lot simpler than the rear seat on the Tbird.

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

My local upholstery shop made the rear foams for my '59 and it was probably less than $200. If your rear seats just need the inserts that can be done by an upholstery shop rather cheaply. I've had that done in the past for a fraction of what the seat cover kits cost.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Dakota Boy
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 30 2009

There was a member on here who made them, but I think he passed away recently.
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Yadkin
              Banned
              • Aug 11 2012

Along with picking out materials you can get a little creative. Here's a seat that I had done locally for my Fiat 124 Spider. I bought a skin of leather to match my daily driver Jeep and I have a lot left over for the Jeep If I want to cover over some of the vinyl. The black is actually convertible top fabric.

When I did the seats for my TBird it was about 20% more to do all leather rather than leather seat surfaces only. More than worth it.
              Attached Files

Comment

• sidewalkman
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 14 2015

Originally posted by Dan.loeb
                Does anyone know where I can buy JUST the rear seat cover in black? I can only find the complete sets. Also, I can only find the rear seat foams for sale for $350.00. Does anyone know of a cheaper place?
                I think Larry's sells just the back seat cover, but do what everyone here is recommending, get an upholstery shop to make the foams, I have yet to hear from anyone who was happy when the bought the foams.
                Scott
                South Delta, BC, Canada
                1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
                Red Leather Interior!
                www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
                Thunderbird Registry #61266
                http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢