X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elvis
    Apprentice
    • Mar 31 2011

front brake hose

HI I did the disc brake conversion and those banjo bolt are driving me crazy they leek I change cooper washers 4 time and torque soft and hard steel leek and Im not even touching the brake pedal now my question ? why can I not use the original granada front brake hose???
    " go for your dreams "
    Yves as Elvissigpic
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

From what I remember (did mine about 8 years ago) the Granada hose has a long solid tube where it connects to the caliper and that interferes with some part of the suspension when turning.The connector was wrong where it bolts to the original brake hose (could change that if you have a brake line flaring tool) and it wasn't long enough to allow for full turning radius.

I'm trying to dig up my receipts and find out where I ordered my banjo bolts (some speed shop in California) as well as the hoses I used. I'll post asap.......remember those days - it was very frustrating. I figured out the thread pitch on the Granada caliper and the size banjo bolt needed for the hole on the brake line and searched for that size banjo bolt - that speed shop was the only place I could find the right one - but that was years ago - may be more available now.

You are using a copper washer on the top and bottom of the hose connection at the caliper - right?

You can see if you installed the Granada hose in the caliper it would stick out toward the spring tower and get broken off over the first bump thus the need for the right angle of the hose with the banjo bolt.

Link to a Granada hose pic

Eric
    registry 5347
    Last edited by DKheld; April 16, 2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• KULTULZ

Cunifer is seamless, copper nickel alloy DOT approved brake line used for OEM and replacement brake lines, fuel lines, power steering and cooling lines. Corrosion proof and easy to install high pressure hydraulic tubing for the harshest environments.

Comment

• elvis
        Apprentice
        • Mar 31 2011

thanks eric dont want you to search the banjo is BQ8090 7/16 24 1 in long the hose I have I think it's GM 78 eldorado I see how the granada hose will interfer. maybe the od of my cooper washers is to big and does`nt compress flat on the hose and leak I'll buy some new
        " go for your dreams "
        Yves as Elvissigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎