• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p38fighter
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 14 2016

Custom Auto Sound Radio # 740 - anyone tried one

1959 Convertible

The claim here is that no cutting of the dash is required. But it sure looks like cutting is required. Has any one used one of these radios? This a driver quality car...
    Attached Files
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

I use Gary Taymann down in Sarasota, Florida. He owns a classic Thunderbird and he is in the business of retrofitting your original radio to play AM/FM/MP3 in full stereo with front-to-back and side-to-side fade. He has done two for me so far for my '55 (round face) and '59 (Town & Country) radios. Yes, the 'seek' function works like a charm and they both look absolutely stock.

I'm sure his link is in our vendor's list. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by p38fighter
      1959 Convertible

The claim here is that no cutting of the dash is required. But it sure looks like cutting is required. Has any one used one of these radios? This a driver quality car...
      It was a few years ago, but I tried Custom Autosound once. The radio was a piece of junk that I gave away to someone more interested in keeping their car looking stock than I was. I wanted a deck that worked well and sounded good, the Custom Autosound deck didn't do either of those things.

Comment

• tiltbed
        • Aug 8 2017

re man radio

i bought one from EBay (i sure do buy a lot of stuff from them..lol). directions state that a small piece must be cut from the dash..fairly simple with tin snips and they do include a chrome face plate. Looks pretty close to OEM even has a bird on the front. I just got the AM/FM no blue tooth or CD. something to listen to going to cruse ins.

Comment

• sagembox
          • Sep 1 2016

Lay back and enjoy, this is the answer for your question

Markus

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡