No announcement yet.

1965 Carb linkage question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1965 Carb linkage question

I've got a 65 engine in my sixty and I can't figure out how the linkage works. Is there a photo somewhere? Can I email my picture to someone? Help- greasywrench@mac.com

Hi I have both of those cars. But we just got ice and snow so can't look at my 66 to see what you mean. But won't the linkage off the 60 bolt to your manafold? Later............Bill

Comment

Linkage

Problem #1 is---- the 65 is vented thru the valve covers. The motor out of my parts car is actually a 61. It vents thru the maniforld and the carb heat riser. The question I have now is that on the 65 carb, the appears to be an extra lever( perhaps a kick down) that I can't seem to find where it hooks up. The kick down is on the linkage that bolts to intake manifold so IS THIS LEVER EVEN NEEDED?

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by greasywrench

I've got a 65 engine in my sixty and I can't figure out how the linkage works. Is there a photo somewhere? Can I email my picture to someone? Help- greasywrench@mac.com

Problem #1 is---- the 65 is vented thru the valve covers.

The motor out of my parts car is actually a 61. It vents thru the maniforld and the carb heat riser.

The question I have now is that on the 65 carb, the appears to be an extra lever( perhaps a kick down) that I can't seem to find where it hooks up.

The kick down is on the linkage that bolts to intake manifold so IS THIS LEVER EVEN NEEDED?

The 65 carb has a kickdown lever that a kickdown rod attaches to for a C6. The 60 CRUISE-O-MATIC has no modulator valve and shifting is controlled by Throttle Valve Linkage. The 61 COM went to modulator valve.

Now exactly what is it you are trying to do and what pieces (and years) are you trying to install on the 65? Feel free to send me photos.

Comment

• KULTULZ

C6 in a 1965? Make that CRUISE-O-MATIC... sheesh ...

Comment

• KULTULZ

greasywrench

I am so sorry. I just now noticed I had a PM. I included my E-MAIL addy with the return PM. We will get it worked out.

Gary

Comment

• KULTULZ

greasywrench

Below is the accelerator linkage on a 65 BIRD 390. The kickdown rod is actuated from a separate bell crank as opposed to your carb having the kickdown lever.

Now the whole trick is going to be what year transmission you will use.

Comment

Tranny Linkage

I got out yesterday and tinkered. I found that my linkage to cruise-o-matic is controlled by another rod to the linkage on the firewall. Buy eliminating the use of the kickdown lever on the carb, I think the tranny rod will work by itself. I hope to have the car drivable enough for a test drive by next weekend- Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• scumdog
                  Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

I got out yesterday and tinkered. I found that my linkage to cruise-o-matic is controlled by another rod to the linkage on the firewall. Buy eliminating the use of the kickdown lever on the carb, I think the tranny rod will work by itself. I hope to have the car drivable enough for a test drive by next weekend- Thanks again for your help.
                  Well, did it work?

Theres a few out here waiting to find out!
                  A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎