Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • triple60squares
    Experienced
    • Jan 25 2013

that car must be from a northern state isnt new mexico just about all desert type climate i would think cars wouldnt rust out there it has about the same amount of rust that my life long ohio car has (at least i think my car is alife long ohio car)
    60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
    60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
    60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

• davidmij
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 17 2011

That's correct to certain extent Terry. The mid to southern part of the state is dry. What a lot of people don't know is that northern NM is just like Colorado - the Rockie Mountains, and high altitude. Here in Los Alamos we're at 7200 feet - with surrounding mountains over 12,000.

Albuquerque is even at a mile high, the exact same altitude as Denver. I believe Carson NM where the car sits is about 7000 feet. We get plenty of snow and have several ski resorts. They salt and sand the roads in the winters about 6 times a year. You don't really see rusted out frames, and rarely a rusted out floor board, but you do see the rust above the fenders where dirt and mud get stuck on that lip - the dirt collects moisture and rusts through.The temperatures here don't get extremely cold because we are further south than other states. It's actually an ideal climate.

A few years back in late March I went skiing at our local ski hill, and the next day I went down to Cochiti Pueblo and golfed.

Dave J

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎