X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bpetska
    Apprentice
    • Feb 15 2013

resistance wire and battery

I am going to run my 430 before I put it in the car. I am wiring it up and I need to know where I can get or make a resistance wire. Also what is the voltage reduced to. Also I need to buy a battery but need to know what to buy.
    Thanks,
    Bill
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RW34T is the resistance wire for direct replacement. Most auto parts stores can get this part. Rockauto.com wants $12.50 or so.

I buy my car batteries from Wal-Mart. They are made in Wisconsin and are as good as any in the same price range. Either look up your car in their battery book, call them, or simply measure your battery tray and pay attention to where your battery posts are located. They have batteries that will fit your car. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The original battery was a group 29NF. Only a couple companies still make that size. Interstate is one of them. NAPA also makes one. You can use a 27F which is easy to find but it won't fit the factory hold down bracket.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎