X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Provided your heater motor is two-wire:
    Junk yards throw them out, daily. Every car in every brand uses them. They have the kind that bolts on and enters into the heater duct with three electrical stabs:
    1. to - Motor
    2. from switch - MED speed
    3. from switch - LO speed

If your switch only has HI and LO, just hook up two stabs (1&3).

Remember, HI speed is a direct 12-volts from the switch (HI).

You can send the hundred bucks directly to me, since I saved you all that money. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• partsetal
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 4 2005

A clarification of my previous post above: All A/C units I have parted out had a large diameter fan motor but only TWO wires, an orange and a ground. The non A/C cars of course have the red, orange and black (ground) wires and the fan motor diameter is about 3/4 the size of the A/C motor. The A/C setup still has the red and orange wires in the harness but they come together in the 4 way connector Howard speaks of. The two wires exit to the one orange wire on the motor. The fan speeds are regulated by the resistor in the fan chamber on the A/C cars.
      I have seen the smaller motors with three wires used on A/C cars. They fit, the shaft diameter is the same as are the mounting provisions.
      I'm not sure what fan speeds are available if one wire runs thru the resistor when using the 3 wire motor. Anyone?
      Carl

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by partsetal
        A clarification of my previous post above: All A/C units I have parted out had a large diameter fan motor but only TWO wires, an orange and a ground. The non A/C cars of course have the red, orange and black (ground) wires and the fan motor diameter is about 3/4 the size of the A/C motor. The A/C setup still has the red and orange wires in the harness but they come together in the 4 way connector Howard speaks of. The two wires exit to the one orange wire on the motor. The fan speeds are regulated by the resistor in the fan chamber on the A/C cars.
        I have seen the smaller motors with three wires used on A/C cars. They fit, the shaft diameter is the same as are the mounting provisions.
        I'm not sure what fan speeds are available if one wire runs thru the resistor when using the 3 wire motor. Anyone?
        Carl
        @ Carl: I like this answer, as it means I´m OK again

I´m 100% sure Howard and simplyconnected is right, but I got a bit lost to be honest...
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Sorry Anders, my last post was an answer to Dakotaboy's question about where to find a resistor.

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Howard Prout
            Experienced
            • Feb 11 2009

I think Carl has the best explanation. My car didn't have AC originally - I added it. That was too many years ago to remember the details. My guess is that I didn't change the blower motor - just used the original, which is why I have a three wire motor in an AC car.
            sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• Dakota Boy
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 30 2009

Dave,

The wife stole the last Ben Franklin outa my wallet this morning.

Can you wait until tax-return time? (jeez I hope I get a refund)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

What? Your wife took my money??
                Well if she's cute, tell her I said, "It's from me." And, she can keep it. - Dave

Oh, wait...

She IS VERRRRRY cute. That did it, the hundred bucks is hers.
                Last edited by simplyconnected; February 3, 2012, 09:32 PM.

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎