Clear All

1960 fuel filter

where would i find a replacement 1960 352 fuel filter ? thank you
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: 1960 fuel filter

Welcome to the board.

It is not an easy filter to find since it has very limited application. I think it may have been only used in 1960.

These show up on eBay frrequently. Many of the T-Bird parts vendors have them. See our links page on the main website.

If you don't know what this filter looks like see: http://www.squarebirds.org/1960fuel_filter.htm

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

thank you very much...it is very hard to find

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I don't know why that filter was only used 1960. It is a simple design. It is easy to remove and does not leak. It is not very different from other spin on fuel filters. The same basic Ford 4100 carburetor was used many more years. I would like to know the story behind the discontinuation of that fuel filter.

If you have a 1958 or 1959 Thunderbird, you are even worse off. The fuel filter that fit in the fuel pump for 352's was unavailable by 1960. Motors lists an in-line bowel fuel filter assembly as the replacement fuel filters for 1958-59 Thunderbirds. these are actually quite easy to get and the paper fuel filter element is usually in stock in auto parts stores since it has so many applications.

Note the inline fuel filter in the lower left hand part of the picture of my 1959 Thunderbird.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

The inline glass bowl filter looks just like the ones used on the Little Birds. Probably also used on the middle '50's sedans.

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

I think that fuel filter bowl was used on other marques of cars and probably was also used in trucks and farm tractors. that is why it so common.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

i found a nos filter on ebay!!!!! thank you so much for the lead...$19.95 same day shipping

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎