X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

PC Help Desk

Cathie ~ Coral has volunteered to lead the Squarebirds PC Help Desk. She can provide you with information regarding uploading pictures to our Forums; downsizing pictures for upload (thanks to Dave ~ simplyconnected who provided the information); other PC problems that you might be experiencing in accessing this Forum; and anything else she might be able to help you with to make your experience on this Forum easier and more enjoyable.

Suffice it to say that neither Cathie nor Squarebirds will be liable for anything you do regarding your PC in the course of assisting you. The information she will provide is free, and you are free to use it or not.
    Last edited by YellowRose; August 13, 2009, 03:10 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Hello All!

I am tickled pink that this section was given the go-ahead!

While I am not an expert by any means, I have indeed accomplished a great deal in the 7 years I have used a personal computer and the internet.

ANY questions, thoughts, quirks with your machine, will be graciously answered in a format you can relate to.

Viruses, spyware, annoying pop-ups?
    I can help you get rid of them.

Wonder if you can do three things at once on your PC, and how to go about doing it?
    I can help you decide the best way to do this.

Have an issue you just CAN'T fix?
    I have a program in my computer, that will enable ME to connect to your computer, and I can fix it for you...of course there are certain things You will need to tell me in order for this to take place, I can't just do it one-sided.

Wonder whats the best way to search for information on Squarebirds?
    I can answer that.....

Cheers, one and all!

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Coral, before I post pictures, what size do you recommend? (how wide?). How do I set the free resizer to automatically give that size, and where can I find the newly resized pictures?

One good feature about the resizer is, it won't change your original picture in any way.

Oh, thanks for all the kudos. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Very welcome, and Thank You for asking about size of pictures!

Ever notice sometimes, you are reading along, and then have to move the screen over to the right, then back to the left again to continue following the text?

This happens when an image is attached or inserted that is wider than the normal text area.

640x480 is an easy size to use, also happens to be one of the more popular picture sizes.... there is a scroll bar next to the resolution on this Fast Image Resizer that lets you decide to pick out a pre-selected size, or simply enter your own dimensions.

Comment

Coral
          My hat is off to you for helping any of us that may need help on these great computers.
          Bob

Comment

Like right NOW

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

PC Help Desk

Hi Bill!

Cathie is probably at work. Can I help? Like many of you, Cathie works and cannot be here 24/7. If you need help and she or I are not online, please PM or email her (or I) and one of us will get back with you as soon as possible.
              Last edited by YellowRose; August 14, 2009, 05:56 PM. Reason: Additional Comments

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Coral
                Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by tbirds8
                Like right NOW
                Whacha need?

I was indeed at work, as Ray said...but lemme know what your issue is....?

Comment

• partsetal
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 4 2005

Cathie,
                  I see hat my PM box is filling up. I realize that I could just empty it, but is there an easy way to move the msgs to a file on my computer and then empty it?
                  Carl

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Hey Carl, Ray might know of something quick and dirty, but as far as I know you would have to copy each message and paste it to word then discard it...actually much more work than just clicking the boxes and dumping them...

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

PC Help Desk

Hi Cathie! Good to see you on the Forum again! We miss you! I hope all is well with you. The only way I know how to save them is as you said. However, our intrepid webmaster ~ who is just simplyconnected, might know how to do it!

Comment

• simplyconnected
                        Administrator
                        • May 26 2009

No, Ray... I always go to Cathie every time I need this kind of help. She gave the best advice I know. - Dave
                        Last edited by simplyconnected; October 24, 2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: I can't spell and I'm old.
                        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

I swim past every once in a while

Comment

• tommy b
                            • Oct 23 2010

I love this site, how do you post pics?

Comment

• Dutchbird
                              Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by tommy b
                              I love this site, how do you post pics?
                              Hi Tommy,

The ability to post pictures directly to this Forum is a function that you'll be able to use if you're a paid member.

Otherwise you can create a free photo album/gallery (Photobucket, Picasa, etc..) and upload your pictures there. Then create a link to it, whenever you want to show us something.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎