Alexander Pass away

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Pass away

I have the sad task to inform the club that at approximately
    6:00 PM March 10,2008 Alexander Sosiak passed away after a year long battle with cancer. It is a great loss to me as a friend for 30 years and a fellow T-Bird collector. Before Al became a doctor he was one of the foremost experts on insects. In his thirties he decided to go to medical school. He graduated Columbia University and Albert Einstein Medical School. The one thing I loved about him is he never told anybody he was a doctor and never acted like pompous know it all even though he was a gifted genius. He was a great listener and buddy. He would give you the shirt off his back and never told me no when asked a favor. He never drank, smoked or cursed. He was just a really good guy. Al was probably the only doctor I knew that was always strapped for money because he was more interested in helping people than his collecting bills. Unfortunately he leaves behind his wife Julie whom he married just a short time ago. After spending a lot of time with Al the last year during his sickness I really feel that life is just not fair. Al will be deeply missed.
    His friend, Keith Piacente
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Sadness, total Sadness

I am crying. I can hardly see to type this. I have known Alex for a long time. We met over on his L.O.D. board (Lincolns of Distinction) when we both had Mark8s. He has been to my house several times. He's agreat man. I had been calling him on his cell phone over the last 4 months or possibly longer. The last time I called (like 6 days ago) there was no answer. I did fear for the worst, after that & did not call again.
    He had a very hard & stressful time speaking and that is why I didn't call again. As many of you know, I do not own, and have never owned, a T-Bird. Alex & I each started our own website to promote the cars we loved. I came on here to support this site, and Alex came on my board to support my site. That is how/why I got here.
    This hits me very hard, as I too am currently battling Cancer, going for Chemo and the rest of it, and usually feel sick (85% of the time). I was diagnosed last October, but am doing okay - so far.
    I had hope, alot of hope, that Alex would make it and win the battle. I truly believed that he would. Now, I fear for my own success.
    Julie...
    If you read this, my thoughts, my prayers are with you, and so is my sadness. You had a truly remarkable & devoted man, and he loved you - Oh, so very very much. I will really really miss him.

Sanford "Sandy" Block
    cigarsandy@comcast.net
    Last edited by SandyBoy; March 11, 2008, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

Alex

Oh No... I'm in shock. I've been aquainted with Alex for 4 or 5 years also, altho we never met in person. A great guy to talk to and the "guru" of Squarebirds. A terrible loss.
      sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• tarps3
        Super-Experienced
        • Jul 21 2003

Although I never met Alexander in person, we spoke on the phone during my work on my TBird. we emailed each other frequently.
        What a genuinely nice human being. One of the few that were left in the world.
        He was a friend and a gentleman to everyone he met and helped.

I lost my stepdad to cancer years ago - he raised me and taught me to be a man when everyone else had given up on me.
        I think about him daily. Now I feel the familiar sense of loss again with Alexander's passing from this same evil disease.

I will pray for Alexander's family and I feel very sad (and frankly a little angry) hearing this news. Why is it the good guys always go first?

What a horrible vacuum now exists in the human race.
        Casey

Comment

• Petrolhead
          Experienced
          • Jul 2 2007

This news is so incredibly sad. I didn't know Alexander and am new to this message board, but reading today's posts, and those prior to his passing, leave no doubt that he was a great and well loved man.
          My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues.
          Alistair

Comment

I just got the call from Julie about an hour ago. This is so sad, while expected it still comes as a shock. He will be sorely missed.

Comment

• frank58
              Super-Experienced
              • May 28 2006

Totally speechless...........

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Alexander Pass away

I did not have the honor or the privilege of knowing Alexander on a personal basis. I first became aware of him as the person who re-created the improved copy of the detente plate which I bought and put in my '59. Then I became a member of Squarebirds and read many of his posts. He was always helping people, answering questions for us "newbies" and giving us advice on our Birds.

Then I learned of his battle with cancer. A battle that I am very familiar with. It has been 10 years this past January that I lost my beloved wife, Faye, to this deadly disease. In her case, it was ovarian cancer. Her passing led me to create a website in her memory. That website led me to become very involved in ovarian cancer education and awareness. I now sit as an active board member on two ovarian cancer organizations in San Antonio.

So when Alexander (and others) commented on what they were going through regarding chemo and other treatments, I had a very good idea of what they were experiencing. He put up a great fight. As one of you said, it is a terrible thing to lose such a wonderful and talented person.. He will be sorely missed by all of us, especially those who have known him for so long.

We will forever remember him in our memories as the great man he was. I re-dedicate the rest of my life in helping to stamp out this terrible disease that took the life of a great man, and a great woman, and so many more great ones out there we may never know about.

I have to stop. I cannot see what I am typing for the tears...

Ray
                '59 "Yellow Rose" VTCI #11178

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

My deepest sympathys to Alex's faimily. I never meet him but feel like I've known him for years. Bill Newman

Comment

• 10tbird
                    • Sep 22 2007

My Uncle Alexander

Uncle Alexander was my favorite uncle.He took me to car shows, he bought me model cars(that I collect) and he gave me information I needed for my projects.Uncle Alexander was my best friend.I will never forget him.

Alexander's neice Kate
                    Alexander's niece
                    Kate

Comment

• byersmtrco
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 28 2004

I've been dreading this news. I was hoping it would be sometime in the (distant) future.
                      For someone I've never met face to face, what a loss. What a good friend Alexander has been. I'll certainly miss the emails and phone conversations and most of all the 100 % correct answers for all of our TBird related questions.
                      Thank you Julie for calling me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John, Debbie and Justin Byers

Comment

• SandyBoy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

I wrote Julie (Alex's Wife) a note & will postal mail it tomorrow. If anyone here would like the address, write to me off board at
                        cigarsandy@comcast.net
                        if you'd like to send her your thoughts.

Sandy

Comment

• bcomo
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Sep 23 2005

I'm so deeply sorry to hear about Alexander. Someone who I never met in person, but wish that I had.

If you look at the number of posts by Alexander, you'll see 3,421 of them. Mostly all of his posts were answers to questions from others to help them. That was truely his giving nature, and part of what he has left all of us to remember him by.

My sympathy to Julie and all of his family.

Bart and Tammy Como
                          Bart
                          1960 Hard Top/430
                          Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• dgs
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Feb 13 2003

I only knew Aleander through this site, and then not very well. We only came in contact in the threads. Seeing all thses kind comments, I wish I had gotten the opportunity to know him better.

It's a sad day for the community.

DGS (aka salguod)
                            1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                            www.salguod.net

Comment

I was saddened by the news. He was and is a great spirit. Only knowing him from his posts on this, but the fact that he gave his time and effort to truly help us all, for just the love of our hobbies says alot about the type the person he was.

He will be missed and it is a sad day.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎