X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock&Roll Firebird
    Experienced
    • Jun 20 2012

Originally posted by KULTULZ
    Do you have the original 3-way fitting? Can you supply a close-up photo and line fitting(s) sizes?
    Got it here. No line fitting sizes for the moment.
    Attached Files

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by Rock&Roll Firebird

Got it here. No line fitting sizes for the moment.
      Can you move that plug wire and retake?

The line running down the left side is the booster supply? The one running in front of the carb is the wiper motor supply?

Can you show detailed photos of these?

Can you put an open end wrench on the booster supply line to determine tubing size?

Comment

• triple60squares
        Experienced
        • Jan 25 2013

the line for the booster is a 3/8 I JUST replaced mine
        60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
        60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
        60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
          Experienced
          • Jun 20 2012

Can you move that plug wire and retake?

The line running down the left side is the booster supply? The one running in front of the carb is the wiper motor supply?

Can you show detailed photos of these?

Can you put an open end wrench on the booster supply line to determine tubing size?
          Here are the updated photos.
          #1 - goes to ??? (0,275 in.)
          #2 - goes to driver's side firewall (0,354 in.)
          #3 - goes to oposite side firewall (0,275 in.)
          Attached Files

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by triple60squares

the line for the booster is a 3/8 I JUST replaced mine

Originally posted by Rock&Roll Firebird

Here are the updated photos.

#1 - goes to ??? (0,275 in.)
            #2 - goes to driver's side firewall (0,354 in.)
            #3 - goes to oposite side firewall (0,275 in.)
            #1 goes to the vacuum (fuel) pump

#2 goes to the booster

#3 goes to the wiper motor

You know what I would do to keep it simple? I would insert a TEE in the flexible vacuum line just off the steel supply line (#2) supplying the booster.

If 3/8", the PCV line should be 1/2". Just buy a stepped TEE, either brass or nylon. It will keep the install clean and it can be returned to OEM easily.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

PCV upgrade on '59

Maybe these pix will help... First of all I called that a 2-way junction block, and I guess it should be called a 3-way junction block, since the other end goes into the engine. In my pix, you will see what I have numbered as Lines 1, 2, & 3. Line 1 is the line that comes from the firewall area. In the last picture, you can see Eric's MC and power booster. Line 1 hooks to it, and then goes on (in my case) to the KH booster behind the drives side wheel well. So that is the run for Line 1. Line 2 come off the left side of that junction block and runs down to the fuel pump to the RIGHT side fuel pump vacuum connection. Line 3 comes off the LEFT side of the fuel pump which is the WIPER connection. In the picture you can see the word WIPER with an arrow pointing to that connector. Line 3 then comes up from the fuel pump, in front of the carb, across the passenger side of the engine, to the firewall, through the hole in it and to the wiper motor. Along the way, there is a rubber hose connected to it to make the connection with the wiper motor. I hope this helps. As for tubing sizes, I do not have that information.

Eric ~ DKHeld has a technical item on this in the TRL called Vacuum Hose Routing. Here is the link to it.

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...oseRouting.htm

In your picture, your Line 1 is my Line 2 and your Line 2 is my Line 1. Line 3 in both is the line going to the wiper motor.
              Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                Experienced
                • Jun 20 2012

#1 goes to the vacuum (fuel) pump

#2 goes to the booster

#3 goes to the wiper motor

You know what I would do to keep it simple? I would insert a TEE in the flexible vacuum line just off the steel supply line (#2) supplying the booster.

If 3/8", the PCV line should be 1/2". Just buy a stepped TEE, either brass or nylon. It will keep the install clean and it can be returned to OEM easily.
                Perfect thinking! It will look almost stock as the instalation will remain at the rear part of the engine compartment. And I don't have to trouble myself with getting the brass connector or carb spacer parts as I need to put the spare parts order already . Nice and clean!

PS: found the TEE local supplier already

PS2: still don't have the draft tube connector - seems I will have to deal with it locally (and simply) as well. Do you think it's possible to take the road draft tube, cut if off and use it as a connector to the PCV hoose somehow? If it doesn't fall apart on the removal...

Comment

• KULTULZ

Yes, you could cut the tube and put a hose over it if the adapter (or original PCV stub) is not available. Maybe try to cut it on the car and not try to remove to cut as it may be damaged.

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by YellowRose

Maybe these pix will help... First of all I called that a 2-way junction block, and I guess it should be called a 3-way junction block, since the other end goes into the engine.
                    It would be called a two way Ray. The actual vacuum source has no bearing. The term four way needed had me scratching my head...

There are subtle difference(s) between the 58 and 59/60.

Is there any way you would be willing to take more concise photo(s) of your car regarding this photo in the TECH SECTION?

In this picture above you can also see how the line comes off the (#1) steel line mentioned above through the check valve and then connects to the brake booster. You can see how that rubber line from the check valve goes to the "T" on top of the power brake booster.

Does the booster line actually split at some point or am I misreading the author's description?

Comment

• triple60squares
                      Experienced
                      • Jan 25 2013

the booster line doesn't really split it runs from the 2 way connector(3/8 steel line) upto( rubber hose) into what I think is a check valve then over to the T connector (still rubber hose)on the back of the booster then to the vacuum canister behind the wheelwell still rubber hose
                      60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
                      60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
                      60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by triple60squares

the booster line doesn't really split it runs from the 2 way connector(3/8 steel line) upto( rubber hose) into what I think is a check valve then over to the T connector (still rubber hose)on the back of the booster then to the vacuum canister behind the wheelwell still rubber hose

THANK YOU SIR...

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
                          Experienced
                          • Jun 20 2012

Do I get it right that the line marked on the pictures is a vacuum to the power brake booster?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• jopizz
                            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

That's correct. It goes to a tank inside the fender and from there to the booster under the dash.

John
                            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎