• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jldevlin
    Apprentice
    • Apr 11 2009

Quarter Window Seal

Good Day All,

I was going to order a set of Quarter Window seals for by Tbird and noticed They offered a rubber seal and Seal with metal insert, I went and had a look and it looks to have a metal insert, my question is to replace this seal do I have to pull the window and slide the metal up the slot or can I order a rubber seal only and glue it in place, unsure of what I should do, besides I have not removed a quarter window before and not sure if I want to get into that...yet

John
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Quarter Window Seal

Can someone help John with his question? I do not know the answer to it.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Hey John,
      On Christine it looks like rubber pushes into the quarter window stainless steel trim. I pulled on mine just a little and it started to come out, pushed it right back in place. The only problem I see is that this rubber seal goes down into the rear fender. Therefore to do it correctly quarter window will have to be removed.
      You may want to wait and see if any of the other guys have tackled this job and how they done it!!!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• jldevlin
        Apprentice
        • Apr 11 2009

Thank You

Yeah I kinda shy away from the finicky stuff and the window structure scares me lots, I love doing this kind of work but the nightmare I had learning to put in the electric motor in a quarter window was enough for me to ensure I fully know what I must prepare for before I start removing these windows ...grin

Comment

Hey John,
          You will never learn unless you try! I had never taken a window out of a 1960 Thunderbird before either, Christine's was broke! I took it out ordered a new glass and put her back together and it works better than it did before. I gained allot of valuable information that I shared with other Squarebird members!!!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• jldevlin
            Apprentice
            • Apr 11 2009

I agree

And will tackle all the window rails one day, I have it parked for the winter so I am doing a lot of other projects on it this winter to show her off in the spring, never will be a show car but pretty non the less....right now all windows work perfect ...well close ..lol...I want to pull the dash off next year and redo everything properly under the dash area as well

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎