View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Alexander's '67 Buick

Tom Cangialosi just sent me an update on the work going on with Alexander's 67 Buick that he is restoring. Here is what he had to say.

"Well, Im in pretty deep but making slow progress. With the engine completed last winter I set my sights on the frame, rear and suspension. The frame has been completely cleaned and wire wheeled. I then laid down a nice coat of POR15 with some semi gloss high temp black over it. There sure was a lot of undercoating on the rear and frame! It looks great now. I pulled the rear apart and installed new outside wheel bearings and seals all around. With new bushings, POR 15 Metal Mask paint and new brake components, its ready to install. I even put the original paint marks and the yellow NJ back on the pumpkin that denotes 2.93 non posi gears. All the front suspension stuff has been acid etched, cleaned and clear coated or painted as needed.

Also ordered new tires, (P225/75 R15- very hard to find), acid dipping the rims for new paint (backs are tan with black fronts from the factory. Purchased new fuel and brake lines plus dropped the SuperTurbine off at the trans shop. Im pleased how NAPA seem to have so much for this car.

Regards
Tom"

Here are a couple of pix he sent me to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlexandersBuickRearBrakes.jpg (62.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg AlexandersBuickRearend.jpg (58.3 KB, 169 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm