X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tully
    Experienced
    • Mar 7 2008

Nose removal on 59

I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero and cleaning the engine and frame, and adding disc and a few other things, and painting. Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Dave Dare had a great suggestion on my Tbird motor replacement that should apply here as well - take at least 400 pictures before you start. You'll probably need 800 but at least you'll have half of what you need when you go to put it back together. Wish I could help as far as a procedure goes but I'm a squarebirder.

Good Luck,
    Eric
    registry 5347

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

The front fenders just unbolt, but I remember the 59 grill being a pain in my old wagon....
      sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Dkheld (Eric) amazes me. He just came out of surgery over Thanksgiving, and here he is helping others online.
        Eric, you're a tough Dutch 'birder.

Originally posted by tully
        I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero... Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!
        tully, maybe we can help eachother out, here:

I have a '59 Galaxie with the exact same front end as your Ranchero. We have full-framed cars, which makes this job much easier. I also have a catalog of illustrations for the whole body (and engine). It shows just about everything you want to see as far as how everything goes together and it includes part numbers.

If you buy a membership, I will give you this catalog. (Now, thats a good deal!) - Dave Dare
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave I believe that to be, an excellent deal as well. I also have a copy of what we commonly call " The Blue Book 1949-1959 " illustration catalog which I use a lot.
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• 63-4drpost
            Experienced
            • Feb 14 2009

removal

Kind'a foggy, but I THINK we used to unbolt the fenders at the doors, remove the bolt that fastens the front frame crossmember to the radiator support. Front clip will then come off? radiator and all. I could be wrong!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎